possible ebola in dallas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly, 2 days later! Yeah, the US system can handle it just fine....

BTW, You need to brighten that avatar of yours Spata, I need a clearer view

Look up early symptoms of Ebola... they're strikingly similar to the common cold or any number of generic viral infections. And if a patient does not volunteer that they have been in West Africa recently, or in contact with someone who has, that is not a "routine" screening question. It is unfortunate, yes... but ERs (especially in places like Dallas) see dozens of people per day, if not hundreds, with common cold-type symptoms. They don't usually get admitted or even bloodwork most of the time.

Just saying... don't dump on the hospitals/ERs too much - the overburdening of the system with office-visit type stuff makes it very difficult to maintain a high index of suspicion in such cases.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Who checks the passports of these people? Why don't we quarantine them before re-entry or just ban travel to that region? Christ, we can't just visit Cuba unless ya jump thru hoops but we can travel freely to Ebola country.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look up early symptoms of Ebola... they're strikingly similar to the common cold or any number of generic viral infections. And if a patient does not volunteer that they have been in West Africa recently, or in contact with someone who has, that is not a "routine" screening question. It is unfortunate, yes... but ERs (especially in places like Dallas) see dozens of people per day, if not hundreds, with common cold-type symptoms. They don't usually get admitted or even bloodwork most of the time.

Just saying... don't dump on the hospitals/ERs too much - the overburdening of the system with office-visit type stuff makes it very difficult to maintain a high index of suspicion in such cases.

I am not dumping on the system, I understand the burden they are under. I am just trying to raise the level of awareness for people who seem to think that nothing can happen, because it absolutely can.

Latest posts

Top Bottom