Post pic of your bestfriend.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_0548.jpg

The bear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is with heartbreaking sadness that I have to report that we lost Indy today.

I knew she wasn’t feeling well when I went to feed her this morning. She was bloated so I thought she was sick or maybe had worms. I took her to the vet to find she had a twisted stomach. They said she was critical so I took her across town for emergency surgery. By the time I got her there, she could no longer walk so I had to carry her in. When I scooped her up, she hugged me and nuzzled into my neck. At that point, I knew it was bad. The surgeons met me in the lobby and rushed her into surgery to find that 90% of her stomach was necrotic and she couldn’t be saved. She was normal yesterday and gone today. The surgeon said that most dogs don’t survive for 6-8 hrs when that happens.

Indy was only a little over a year old. She was rescued from the middle of a freeway in Tulsa last April, when she was about 5 weeks old, then rehomed to us on October 8th. She only spent 6 months with our family but made a huge impact. My 17 yo has had some major struggles since COVID hit in 2020 and she always said that Indy was her emotional support dog. Now her emotions are in bigger turmoil than ever.

Honestly, I have not been this torn up over a dog since I was a kid. I just want my girl back and our family to be healed.
F7B09BA8-B406-44C7-8642-03E851DA215C.jpeg

Last edited:

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I knew she wasn’t feeling well when I went to feed her this morning. She was bloated so I thought she was sick or maybe had worms. I took her to the vet to find she had a twisted stomach. They said she was critical so I took her across town for emergency surgery. By the time I got her there, she could no longer walk so I had to carry her in. When I scooped her up, she hugged me and nuzzled into my neck. At that point, I knew it was bad. The surgeons met me in the lobby and rushed her into surgery to find that 90% of her stomach was necrotic and she couldn’t be saved. She was normal yesterday and gone today. The surgeon said that most dogs don’t survive for 6-8 hrs when that happens.

Indy was only a little over a year old. She was rescued from the middle of a freeway in Tulsa last April, when she was about 5 weeks old, then rehomed to us on October 8th. She only spent 6 months with our family but made a huge impact. My 17 yo has had some major struggles since COVID hit in 2020 and she always said that Indy was her emotional support dog. Now her emotions are in bigger turmoil than ever.

Honestly, I have not been this torn up over a dog since I was a kid. I just want my girl back and our family to be healed. View attachment 201276
I'm very sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful dog.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Honestly, I have not been this torn up over a dog since I was a kid. I just want my girl back and our family to be healed. View attachment 201276

Beautiful dog . . . sorry for your loss.

Latest posts

Top Bottom