Poverty watches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
$32 from Ebay!! Patina on the dial is what caught my attention. The others I have looked at were light yellow and this one looks like it is sun burned.
20240402_195552.jpg

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got some poverty projects coming in. Recent eBay finds (some received, some still shipping). I just thought the watches had character and would make for fun restoration projects. They are good established brands so the movements shouldn't be total trash - fingers crossed.

1712106700337.png

1712106741618.png

and the future king of poverty project watches - for a grand total of $7.50 - a Gruen with unknown movement quality and busted dial feet. Still waiting on this one to arrive, but it would probably be a great looking old watch when done up properly:
1712106822674.png

Last edited:

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I've got some poverty projects coming in. Recent eBay finds (some received, some still shipping). I just though the watches had character and would make for fun restoration projects. They are good established brands so the movements shouldn't be total trash - fingers crossed.

View attachment 467447

View attachment 467448

and the future king of poverty project watches - for a grand total of $7.50 - a Gruen with unknown movement quality and busted dial feet. Still waiting on this one to arrive, but it would probably be a great looking old watch when done up properly:
View attachment 467449
Ok , I am jumping all over the Westclox... dibbs... Eat your heart out @surjimmy :bolt: :cool:

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got some poverty projects coming in. Recent eBay finds (some received, some still shipping). I just though the watches had character and would make for fun restoration projects. They are good established brands so the movements shouldn't be total trash - fingers crossed.

View attachment 467447

View attachment 467448

View attachment 467449

Those are all three nice scores Adam. Thanks again for being willing to let the Visodate go. It definitely went to a good home where it's appreciated. I've been wearing it more than anything else in my collection.

Another mid-century watch to keep an eye out for is a Nivada Grenchen Antarctic. They're a similar styled watch with some interesting heritage. It's a watch on my wish list if I happen to run across the right one. I just need to find an A-11 first.

Croton-Nevada-Grenchen-11.jpg

DSC_6024.jpg

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those are all three nice scores Adam. Thanks again for being willing to let the Visodate go. It definitely went to a good home where it's appreciated. I've been wearing it more than anything else in my collection.

Another mid-century watch to keep an eye out for is a Nivada Grenchen Antarctic. They're a similar styled watch with some interesting heritage. It's a watch on my wish list if I happen to run across the right one. I just need to find an A-11 first.

View attachment 467450

View attachment 467451
I love those, especially the 'Tundra' dials like you have referenced in the photos. They are awesome vintage pieces. Can be pricey though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom