Practical Jokes - Serve em up here!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NomDeBoom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was a kid, some of us neighborhood kids strung a thin wire across the road just at the right height of the cherry tops of a cop car. Someone called the cops and they came blasting up the street and the wire hit the cherry top. It did not break the light, but it sure scared the crap out of the cops. We were all hiding and watching and laughing are heads off. They drove around the neighborhood looking for who did it, but never caught us.
Lucky you didn't create the Legend of the (Formerly) 6 & a Half Ft. Tall Headless Biker

NomDeBoom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure what the all-time greatest 'Practical' Joke would be-
but as far as the undisputed champ o IMpractical Jokes, ever pulled on the largest number of people, EVER;
this Joker [in spite of some VERY (non?)serious competitors] gets my vote...er, uh, you know what I mean to say.
The situation gets more ridiculous every day too.
Hard to fathom & even harder to watch, ain't it?

1707600270562.png

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was a kid, a neighbor bought a Renault Dauphine which was the lastest thing circa 1959. He was always bragging about what great car it was and what good mileage it got (around 39 mpg combined). After listening to this for a few weeks, my dad and another neighbor started sneaking into his driveway at night and adding gas to the tank. Soon, the neighbor was crowing that he got 42, 48, 54 mpg. Then when he topped out @ 62 mpg, dad and the other neighbor started siphoning gas out of his tank. Mileage sank until it was 6 mpg. The owner was @ the dealer going crazy and of course, they could never find anything wrong. I don't think dad ever confessed, but at least he didn't have to hear any more raving about Renaults. He never owned a foreign car and liked it that way.

There was an episode of CHiPs where they done that to the Capt.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the OLD wheel days. Warehouse restrooms were treacherous. Between pop bottle fireworks under the doors. or smoke bombs dropped from ceiling tile holes. We used ink stampers for shipping multiple wheel boxes. Black ink+black phones= A LOT of black ears. Lets not forget dumping stick on weights to left front wheels.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When PCs were first installed on all of desks, Plant Manager made big speech about security, logging off, locking your office, not letting your password be known.

We had an engineer, very affable guy, dumbest, smart engineer I ever knew. Bob was a Chem Eng, he was brilliant, not enough sense to get out of the rain. I could see His office down the hall from me. He would head out into the plant and I would go by his office; door open, computer logged on.
Send Plant Manager a PM: I quit! Sick of working in this shithole with the dumbest dikhead Manager on Earth.
Go back to my desk and call his phone, leave a voice mail: "My office NOW!"

Bob gets back, sees PM, sees message light on phone blinking. Runs over to admin building.

Repeat scenario every day for a week.
Friday afternoon, Bob heads down to production. I walk into his office and typing PM. Plant Manager walks in, from office across the hall, laughing. "know Bob isn't too bright, but this is hilarious. He is scared chitless he is going to lose his job. Let's write a good one."

We send the PM, I leave a voice mail, "don't worry about my office, empty your desk, go to Security and turn in your badge."

He was screaming, as he emptied his desk. Went to leave and seen Plant Mgr across the hall. "Think you can log off and lock your office?"

He learned, for a few months. Then, we got a new plant Mgr. He didn't have a sense of humor.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
When PCs were first installed on all of desks, Plant Manager made big speech about security, logging off, locking your office, not letting your password be known.

We had an engineer, very affable guy, dumbest, smart engineer I ever knew. Bob was a Chem Eng, he was brilliant, not enough sense to get out of the rain. I could see His office down the hall from me. He would head out into the plant and I would go by his office; door open, computer logged on.
Send Plant Manager a PM: I quit! Sick of working in this shithole with the dumbest dikhead Manager on Earth.
Go back to my desk and call his phone, leave a voice mail: "My office NOW!"

Bob gets back, sees PM, sees message light on phone blinking. Runs over to admin building.

Repeat scenario every day for a week.
Friday afternoon, Bob heads down to production. I walk into his office and typing PM. Plant Manager walks in, from office across the hall, laughing. "know Bob isn't too bright, but this is hilarious. He is scared chitless he is going to lose his job. Let's write a good one."

We send the PM, I leave a voice mail, "don't worry about my office, empty your desk, go to Security and turn in your badge."

He was screaming, as he emptied his desk. Went to leave and seen Plant Mgr across the hall. "Think you can log off and lock your office?"

He learned, for a few months. Then, we got a new plant Mgr. He didn't have a sense of humor.
That reminds me of the time I was installing a fire alarm in a building of engineers.

I ran the wire down the wall in the office this engineer was sitting in and installed this. He asked me what it was for.

1707782965442.png

My reply, "Let's put it this way, if there is ever a fire in this building, you will be the first to know."

Latest posts

Top Bottom