Prepping for Earthquakes ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Say what you want, I don't think our earthquakes are from fracking.

Personally I think that it is because of all of the additional weight that our state has to take on with all of the illegal "immigrants" and now "displaced children"

All that extra biomass is causing a shift in the weight displacement along the fault lines as well as all of the additional CO2 and "waste gasses" caused by the increased population causing localized warming of the environment which in turn puts more strain on the need for water and increases the drought situation.

Just saying.

Dave

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Say what you want, I don't think our earthquakes are from fracking.

Personally I think that it is because of all of the additional weight that our state has to take on with all of the illegal "immigrants" and now "displaced children"

All that extra biomass is causing a shift in the weight displacement along the fault lines as well as all of the additional CO2 and "waste gasses" caused by the increased population causing localized warming of the environment which in turn puts more strain on the need for water and increases the drought situation.

Just saying.

Dave

That made me LOL...

In other news... 4 more in Logan county just today....biggest was a 4.3

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our earthquake preps in Alaska aren't that much different then what I'd do in Oklahoma. While the frequency of earthquakes as increased in OK the magnitued hasn't. Af few over 4.0 but nothing in the 6.0+ range. I rode out two 6.9's. One in Seattle the other in Ketchikan. I'm more fearful of a tornado then an earthquake anyday.

As for additional preps just make sure that large objects that might tip or fall are secured. The hot water straps are a good idea and I think now required by code. Open shelves with lots of glass jars are something to think about securing. On cabinet doors I sometimes rubber band the knobs together if they are close.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our earthquake preps in Alaska aren't that much different then what I'd do in Oklahoma. While the frequency of earthquakes as increased in OK the magnitued hasn't. Af few over 4.0 but nothing in the 6.0+ range. I rode out two 6.9's. One in Seattle the other in Ketchikan. I'm more fearful of a tornado then an earthquake anyday.

As for additional preps just make sure that large objects that might tip or fall are secured. The hot water straps are a good idea and I think now required by code. Open shelves with lots of glass jars are something to think about securing. On cabinet doors I sometimes rubber band the knobs together if they are close.

That's an interesting point about the magnitude ... I hadn't considered that ...

I do the rubber band thing now ... because I have a dog who knows how to open cabinets.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Thanks for that lil tip.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm of the opinion that fracking is a contributing factor BUT, my opinion is that it has helped to set off these low magnitude jolts thus avoiding a big quake. Its therefore a good thing.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm of the opinion that fracking is a contributing factor BUT, my opinion is that it has helped to set off these low magnitude jolts thus avoiding a big quake. Its therefore a good thing.

If these quakes are ever proven man made, somebody will pay for lotsa foundations.

Latest posts

Top Bottom