Primers - anyone ever make a road trip?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

odie1

Marksman
Reaction score
Have been looking around and see that after last years big "primer shortage", prices have fallen and availability seems to be back up. Grafs and Powder Valley have some primers for less than $25 a brick, in stock....

Yet it seems the shop that usually gets my business, that USED to always the cheapest around, still has all their primers priced at $36 a brick..

Knowing that shipping primers with the hazemat fee, etc, would probably come close to equalling the amount you would spend on gas to get to either location, was just wondering if anyone has ever driver to either location to purchase "supplies", to avoid the shipping (hazemat) fees? I wonder if they will even allow you to come pick up items?

May try and call them Monday and plan a trip as time allows...

Thoughts?

Odie1

odie1

Marksman
Reaction score
Once before, several years ago, many of us who reloaded got together and bought a bunch (4-5 thousand) cast bullets from Hunters Supply (I think)...

Had one guy that was going to pass where they were in Tx and they agreed to meet him in at a store in a little town near their location. Saved quite a bit on freight.

Have thought of trying to scare up the people I know who reload and get them to commit to a brick or two of primers...each... and road trip to pick them up... seems to be aprox 2 hours or less to powerder valley....

....and I could probably weasel a couple of lunches out of them for a delivery payment! :)

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There was a wolf primer group buy here not too long ago. It might be worth it to put together another if you need a couple thousand I think I paid just over 100 per 5K on SP shipped

Latest posts

Top Bottom