Processed brass value?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How long does it take you guys to run off a thousand with a progressive press?

I mostly load rifle calibers, .38/357, and 45lc right now. I've gotten lazy in my old age and generally plink with a revolver so I don't have to dig my casings out of the dirt!

I think 350 an hour on my 550 is very comfortable. Likewise I find a pace of about 500 an hour on my 650 very comfy. I can run both a lot faster but I don't like to.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think 350 an hour on my 550 is very comfortable. Likewise I find a pace of about 500 an hour on my 650 very comfy. I can run both a lot faster but I don't like to.

At 3 hours loading + tumbling time per 1k rounds, I think I'll keep buying factory 9mm. Someone's gotta leave some brass at the range for you guys, right?

Euclid

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can handload jacketed 9mm ammo for ~$115/1000. That's a significant savings over factory offerings and using my Hornady LNL progressive press, it only takes me about 3-4 hours to load 1000 rounds. Time well spent, in my view.

JesseR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On my dillon 650, with primer tubes set I knock out 1000 rds / hour. The case feeder keeps them coming. A mr bullet feeder is next to help speed that up!

Also with JK and other deals I load 1k for ~$90 with my current load. With 15k+ cases ready to go I'm set on 9mm brass...

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On my dillon 650, with primer tubes set I knock out 1000 rds / hour. The case feeder keeps them coming. A mr bullet feeder is next to help speed that up!

Also with JK and other deals I load 1k for ~$90 with my current load. With 15k+ cases ready to go I'm set on 9mm brass...

At that rate it would be cost effective for me.

JesseR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At that rate it would be cost effective for me.

The dillon 650, when correctly dialed in, is fast! I really want the bullet feeder because I think it'd be a nice feature for my bulk 9mm loading. I just need 10 more primer tubes so I can go 2k without refilling primers.

I do at least 5k of a caliber before I change. I'm finishing up my run of 40 right now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom