Progressive press worth it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been shooting more lately. Reloading 223 mainly and 300 blackout, always used a rubs single stage so everything I own is green.

Considering upgrading to a multistage unit and start reloading 9mm as well, only other caliber I reload is 308.

Anyhow is a progressive press worth the investment?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been shooting more lately. Reloading 223 mainly and 300 blackout, always used a rcbs single stage so everything I own is green.

Considering upgrading to a multistage unit and start reloading 9mm as well, only other caliber I reload is 308.

Anyhow is a progressive press worth the investment?
One has to shoot a ton of ammo to justify a progressive, but if one is flush with some cash I think it's a pretty good investment especially if you're getting into volume pistol shooting like competitions.
Straight walled cartridges are a breeze to run through a progressive, but the bottle neck cartridges as you well know from a single stage take a lot of prep to resize, deburr, de-prime and so on before getting into the press.
Shot a ton of .223 through the AR in matches over the years, so I would take a week every evening to prep a thousand cases and a few hours to run them through the progressive.
Then a couple minutes to expend them all.
Amazing how that works! LOL.

Latest posts

Top Bottom