Project Appleseed at TCGC in Norman, Oct. 20-21, 2013

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okla1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not on the website, but I can't stress it enough...use iron sights.

But after that, if you follow the "what to bring"...you'll be sittin' pretty.

Thanks! Yes, I will using my irons and my AK 74. Looking forward to this weekend very much so! Just got some elbow pads today after work, I have everything else.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The least expensive weapon I have to shoot is my Marlin X-22. Will this be sufficient, or would I get laughed off the range?

You will not find a group of people less judgemental and more helpful than the Appleseed folks. It is all about fundamentals and the weapon between your ears, not gear.

If it is safe to fire and you can get into sling supported postitions with it, then Daniel and the crew will help turn you into a Rifleman.

(The only trouble you may have, using a bolt action, is the time limits on some of the shooting stages...but you will still learn a lot).

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks to all who made this happen! I had a great time and learned a lot, and I feel much more confident in my shooting abilities. It's amazing the difference that having knowledgeable instructors and a few hours of practice can make! Unfortunately, I didn't make it to the second day (not sure I could have, my body is more sore than after the run 'n gun! lol), so I didn't get enough practice to qualify as expert, but a Rifleman persists! I plan on setting up my 10/22 properly, practicing, and coming back in October, bringing some friends along.

I also enjoyed the story times. I already knew a lot of the history, but the way the instructors told it with as much detail as they did really drew me in and made it personal, and brought a deeper appreciation for the sacrifices our forefathers made in the name of Liberty. I highly recommend everyone attend at least once, even if you consider yourself an expert marksman, you will be better for it.

archch1

New to the site!
Reaction score
Thanks to Daniel, Tom and all the instructors at Appleseed this weekend in Norman OK for both their skill and their patience with an old guy. I learned a lot and hope to practice these positions at the NAA range before the next event in October. My old body is worn out and brain is tired also, but riflemen persevere. These are great folks doing a very important job.
Arch

Last edited:

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To ALL the instructors this weekend...
THANK YOU !

This was a great way to re-learn the foundation(s) of rifle shooting. I learned more in 2 days then I thought was possible. It was a great experience and worth twice the cost. I will be back after some serious practice, live and dry fire.

Thank you again.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys were a great crowd... thanks for persisting out in the heat with us. Everyone showed great improvement. I always enjoy meeting OSA members in person. There were a lot of y'all at this event... at least 6 it would seem. I hope to see all of you on the firing line again soon, and I hope to be handing you a patch as well!

okla1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont know what to say that hasn't already been covered. Instructors were second to none. History lessons awesome. Other trainees were all great folks. Learned a ton & have much too work on. I'll be at the one in October, hopefully to earn my patch! A rifleman persists afterall!

Cheers,

Okla1911

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We made one Rifleman, but he is not on here to my knowledge. That was Boomer Blomgren, who you might remember as one of the RO's at the Run 'n Gun (working Stage 3). I wouldn't be surprised to see him in an orange hat one of these days soon!

Latest posts

Top Bottom