Proposed Baiting Regulation Changes for ODWC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good to know that you would allow baiting for landowners or those well heeled enough to afford a lease but not joe public.:flamed:

If you will read back through this thread, you will find that at no point did I take this stance. My support is for this rule change is explained through the thread and why I support it. This is not a reason that I am in support.

Personally, I would not mind at all if baiting was banned all together in Ok.

So please, flame away. :smash:

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally, I would not mind at all if baiting was banned all together in Ok.

On what basis? Your own moral principle?? I see nothing wrong with baiting. Everybody screams about the "disease" threat. They fear a disease that has NEVER hit and may never arrive. Until this "deer killer" rears its head there is absolutely no scientific reason to ban baiting.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't understand it either. OK, so you are against baiting... don't do it. Why ruin it for everyone else? Don't be THAT guy! The disease argument is just irrelevant.

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I fully support everyone's rights to do what they want as long as they don't infringe on my rights or go against my ever-changing views and/or opinions!!! :screwy:

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On what basis? Your own moral principle?? I see nothing wrong with baiting. Everybody screams about the "disease" threat. They fear a disease that has NEVER hit and may never arrive. Until this "deer killer" rears its head there is absolutely no scientific reason to ban baiting.

So there is no good credit in being ahead of the curve?? You are saying to wait until it happens and then try to clean up the mess, right?? What is wrong with being ready before it gets here. The fact is that there are diseases and sicknesses that can and do wipe out deer herds. Why would the state not be ahead of the curve on state owned land? We all want it managed for healthier herds right?

ElkStalkr - please read ALL of my replies to this thread. You will understand my stance. Please do not try to turn this around on me by saying "Oh, he just wants it his way" and he is "that guy". That is the the farthest from the truth that it can be.

Seriously people, this is what baiting has done to hunting. You all act like it is the end of the world because you can't bait in some places. For some reason, the masses believe that it is impossible to kill a deer without sitting over bait or a food plot. They killed deer long before people lived over bait piles and it is completely possible to do it today in a time that there are more deer running around the state than ever.

For what it is worth, all the the ODWC employees that I have discussed this with say that there is no drive what-so-ever to ban baiting on private land at all. It was not in the discussions that were had about this topic and shouldn't be a concern for private land owners.

Latest posts

Top Bottom