Proposed change to Classified Rules

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should the minimum number of posts to access the Classifieds be raised?

• Yes, it should be raised to 100.

Votes: 151 63.2%
  • No, JB, leave it alone.

Votes: 88 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
me too

That said, I'd like to see the length of time raised to 3-6 months, and at least a minimum post count of 50.

Also, I would like the OK to heckle gougers.

tbirch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some good thoughts as others have stated:

1) length of membership
2) quality and quantity of posts
3) classifieds being restricted from view until minimums are met

Also, like the thoughts of not making it so restrictive it scares you off. I don't have a high post count but enjoy and learn from this board almost daily. I started off in 2010 with a marginal interest in firearms and the community but now OSA is my primary source of news and information.

Double_tap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree on the fact of memebrs that do not have to priviledge should not be able to see the classifieds nor members not logged in. I also think 100 posts is a little steep, I have been a member 2yrs and just now broke the 100 mark. I think 50-60 would be more reasonable as to not scare off newbies and still keep out the trolls.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I know is something needs to be changed. It's quite clear that some (not all) members are using the classifieds to run a business. The only post they make other than in the classifies are for the free giveaways. Thanks JB for asking for opinions.

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would be happier with 6 months but I think 100 posts and 90 days would weed out those guys that run across our forum and are looking to gouge prices or run away with a steal. There's my $.02 for whatever it's worth.

808racer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...I would like the OK to heckle gougers.

+1

In all seriousness, I agree with most that there needs to be a minimum time as a member that carries more weight than just post count, although 20 does seem too low. I browse daily, mostly in the General Discussion and 2nd Amendment forums, but don't always post. But I am always taking in the information and keeping a good pulse on my local gun nut community. As far as feedback goes, it would be nice to standardize the whole process. Not everyone has a feedback thread, myself included. Mine got deleted after I went dormant for a while during a really busy time in my work life. But feedback does tend to give folks the warm fuzzies about dealing with an individual.

Oh - and I like the idea of hiding the classifieds unless you're logged in AND meet the minimum requirements.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Length of time seems to b e the consensus so far. 50 posts plus 60 days or 90 days?

I like 50 posts plus 90 days.

If someone needs to sell something "bad" in that 90 days, there are plenty of sources for that outside of OSA.

Maybe Im just weird but I also think there should be ongoing check-ups as well. The people that want to just use the classifieds will just wait out the time period, that does not really fix the issue.

Many of the trouble issues are coming from people that already meet the criteria to post in the classifieds. :anyone:

BTW....Im curious, why not heckle outlandish classified posts?

vooduchikn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like pie.

Leave it,

So if I want to sell or buy something and I am new I have to participate more and play well with others? Sounds like some potentially GOOD members are going to another forum or to arms list or will just post whore until they get enough?

Maybe some folks feel entitled because they have "been around awhile" and the newbs are buying up stuff they want?

Bad sellers and buyers are always going to be that, start banning them and the word will get out.

Just my $.26 (inflation).

Its and opinion and an assumption, niether are facts, don't get upset.

Latest posts

Top Bottom