Prosperity Gospel/Seed Faith

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This.

I was baptized at University Lutheran in Norman. Many years later, as a student and new resident of Norman, I returned to the church where I was baptized. I showed up on my motorcycle, wearing a leather jacket and a helmet.

They looked down on me.

I didn't return. The church where I was baptized looked down on me without ever getting to know me (and in a university town, no less). I learned all I needed to know that day.

I've since found another church that welcomes me as I am. Actually, more than one, but--and I'll grant that it's entirely a matter of personal preference--one whose message us comforting to me, and one whose services are. I don't count one above the other; both are important.

I suppose it's the connection.

You would have fit in just fine at the church we used to attend in Mustang. I don't know if he still has it, but one of the elders even had a bike and rode it to church when it was nice. There might have been a few that followed you outside to admire your bike.

SM Rider

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The whole concept is disgusting.

Then ignore it and follow your own path in your quest to know the mind of God. I'm of the opinion that the only thing God might want from us humans is to be cognizant that he exists. And even then, why would he need affirmation from beings he created and demand they bow down and pray to him? He is complete in himself and has no need of us. Which has lead me to think that he created us merely as an experiment to see how we'd handle the free will he gave us. Sadly, it appears humanity has failed miserably in this regard.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't bother to read through all this stuff. However, when it is said that what you give to the Lord is returned ten-fold, I interpret that to mean you will get a positive return, but not necessarily of a financial form. I believe that to be the case. It's been my experience here on Earth and I expect that result to continue in the hereafter.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Creflo Dollar wants his flock to buy him a new 65 million dollar Gulfstream Jet.

On the streets of any hood in the United States, Creflo Dollar would be called a hustler. Behind the pulpit, however, he’s called pastor, and if that’s not a sin, I don’t know what else to call it.

Dollar, who made headlines in 2012 for allegedly assaulting his then 15-year-old daughter, has now launched a full-fledged campaign to pressure his World Changers Church International congregation into buying him a new, $65 million Gulfstream G650 jet.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Creflo Dollar wants his flock to buy him a new 65 million dollar Gulfstream Jet.

On the streets of any hood in the United States, Creflo Dollar would be called a hustler. Behind the pulpit, however, he’s called pastor, and if that’s not a sin, I don’t know what else to call it.

Dollar, who made headlines in 2012 for allegedly assaulting his then 15-year-old daughter, has now launched a full-fledged campaign to pressure his World Changers Church International congregation into buying him a new, $65 million Gulfstream G650 jet.

Let's not forget the likes of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. Both profess to be ministers, and both have been race hustlers in order to make the holy buck, as well as stomping all over their marriage vows.

Note that I did not refer to either of them with the title "Reverend." In all of the Bible, there is only one reference to the word "reverend" and that word is used to describe God. I don't call any minister by that title, because I don't figure any of them to be worthy of what the word really implies.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let's not forget the likes of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. Both profess to be ministers, and both have been race hustlers in order to make the holy buck, as well as stomping all over their marriage vows.

Note that I did not refer to either of them with the title "Reverend." In all of the Bible, there is only one reference to the word "reverend" and that word is used to describe God. I don't call any minister by that title, because I don't figure any of them to be worthy of what the word really implies.
Reverend is an English word. It doesn't actually appear anywhere in the Bible. God is another English word that never actually appears in the Bible. Anal retentive is the English rendering of a Freudian idea the doesn't actually appear in the Bible but probably should.

Latest posts

Top Bottom