PTR 91 - Good Buy, or Stay Away From?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's my snarky way of saying that his M1A with it's $3000 skeletonized stock that took 8 months to get put on jams a whole hell of a lot.

ahhh. I missed that. lol. That sucks. Mine is a scout that I threw into a GI fiberglass stock. I haven't had any issues with mine to date. From shooting Wolf to the match grade stuff.

Again though, I would choose the PTR 91 as a very reliable "battle rifle" and the M1a for more of a semi auto DMR precision rig. I would love to own both one day. I have a couple AR's and AK's that met my under 300 yard needs, that's why I went with the M1a first as I needed something for beyond that.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's not a bad price. PTR are about like the other HK clones, not real comfortable to shoot. The short stock, heavy front and funky recoil can take some getting used to. Get a buffer or recoil pad and you'll enjoy them more. I've had several (PTR, G3, Cetme) and they do have a certain "cool" factor to them, but they really aren't on par with the FN-FAL's.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went ahead and placed the order. Let's hope it gets to Sooner State Pawn by the end of the week. Looking forward to going over and seeing Wes and the guys.