Public Land For Plinking?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grindstone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You just have to have an Oklahoma hunting license, on your person. It is expected for people to clean up after their self, although it doesn't happy as frequently as it needs to. There isn't land like you are speaking of in Oklahoma, that I know of, or have heard of. All the state land is regulated, and only a small portion of it is actually public use for things like hunting. Larger amount of land is Indian or privately owned anymore. That is one of my biggest complaints about the state, is the lack of public land for recreation like shooting, or off roading/riding. I hear stories from friends that grew up in Nevada (and states like) and all the freedom they had out there growing up, just being able to pull off the road a ways and shoot, or ride dirt bikes, etc.

The annual fishing license is also a hunting license, correct? I don't hunt, so I am pretty ignorant on hunting laws and such.

Back home in Ohio, we'd just head out to some farm field with a backstop and shoot out there. My uncle's backyard ends in a corn/bean field and we'd shoot clays out of there.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The annual fishing license is also a hunting license, correct? I don't hunt, so I am pretty ignorant on hunting laws and such.

Back home in Ohio, we'd just head out to some farm field with a backstop and shoot out there. My uncle's backyard ends in a corn/bean field and we'd shoot clays out of there.

I don't want to tell you incorrectly, as I'm not positive, but I don't think a fishing license will work, only hunting. Maybe one of the other guy's can chime in on that. I don't want to tell you yes, and end up being wrong. My gut tells me that the fishing license wouldn't work.

I think that has to do with the hunter's safety course requirement....I may be full of it though on that.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't want to tell you incorrectly, as I'm not positive, but I don't think a fishing license will work, only hunting. Maybe one of the other guy's can chime in on that. I don't want to tell you yes, and end up being wrong. My gut tells me that the fishing license wouldn't work.

I think that has to do with the hunter's safety course requirement....I may be full of it though on that.
Need hunting or a combo license. Ur right Ex..

SeanO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very interested in this. Having lived in ME for 1.5yrs before moving here I got used to shooting for free. You drive down an il logging road and find a pit to shoot in. No one bothers you and it's usually easy to see where others had been shooting with brass and shotgun hills scattered everywhere. Great way to get out and work on shooting on the move, multiple target engagement etc

Grindstone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Need hunting or a combo license. Ur right Ex..

Looking at mine, it has both hunting and fishing listed on it.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking at mine, it has both hunting and fishing listed on it.

Yeah, that would be the combo and you're covered. Just make sure you have it on you, it's not uncommon for them to ask to see your license out there, especially on a bust day, or someone pops off something really loud, or tannerite.

Latest posts

Top Bottom