Public Land For Plinking?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since you are in Glenpool, you could go south to Okmulgee WMA
...or you could go north to Sand Springs to that spot on the north Arkansas river road that parallels Hwy 412 (approx. 3 miles west of Highway 97 on Wekiwa road. There are three oil tanks there and a road (well barely). Turn left there and road goes down by river.)

Thanks for the info.. we are heading out to the Okmulgee one this afternoon to check it out. after goggling it it looks like they have a fair range set up.

TheLastDaze

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since you are in Glenpool, you could go south to Okmulgee WMA
...or you could go north to Sand Springs to that spot on the north Arkansas river road that parallels Hwy 412 (approx. 3 miles west of Highway 97 on Wekiwa road. There are three oil tanks there and a road (well barely). Turn left there and road goes down by river.)
is this wma or something??

just moved from sapulpa where I had a range, funny thing is I shoot more now that I don't have a place like that.

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
is this wma or something??

just moved from sapulpa where I had a range, funny thing is I shoot more now that I don't have a place like that.

I checked out the Okmulgee one on Saturday... its owned by the WMA, you MUST have a valid hunting license, has a 100 yard and 200 yard range, nice covered area at each range with sturdy shooting benches, no glass containers allowed, both ranges were nice and clean ( pick up your targets! ) it was very easy to get to.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've shot at Lex quite a few times - met some really nice people and some that made the hair on my neck stand up. It really does look like a trash dump sometimes, but I guess that's just how some people are and always will be. I've also been to the range south of Heavener near Hodgen - it is really nice! Don't know if it is maintained by the forest service or ODWC, but it's a good setup.

There is another range over around Whitesboro, but I haven't tried it.

Cedar Creek

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I checked out the Okmulgee one on Saturday... its owned by the WMA, you MUST have a valid hunting license, has a 100 yard and 200 yard range, nice covered area at each range with sturdy shooting benches, no glass containers allowed, both ranges were nice and clean ( pick up your targets! ) it was very easy to get to.

It sounds pretty nice. Was it very populated when you went out there? 200 yard range would be nice to go to occasionally for sure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom