Public Restroom Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always thought it was unsupervised kids leaving a mess in the bathrooms until;

I was Prez of the recreation club at work. I get a call from the janitorial service for our rec hall. We had rented the hall, through an employee, for the Kiwanis to have a banquet, no kids there.
Someone took a dump IN A URINAL!!!!!!!!!!!!
Heard from a friend, who was at the banquet, he heard it happen as he was in a stall. Listened for the guy to leave and then exited the stall to discretely see who the filthy, disgusting culprit was. It was the employee who had rented the hall on the Kiwanis behalf. He was also, one of the top department heads for the company.
He was a not happy about being confronted by the Plant Manager, in my presence, about the "happening". Says he did it in protest of having to rent the hall for their banquet, even though, the rental fee was only to cover electricity and clean-up.
The Kiwanis weren't happy about losing their deposit, but I just told them to 'ask Joe' to explain it.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll admit that sometimes I don't wash my hands. With automatic/handicapped door buttons I can hit with my hip and automatic flushers, having taken a shower at home an hour prior, I feel I'd pick up more bacteria from touching things to wash my hands than I would not washing them at all.

What really blows my mind is guys who pass up a line of empty urinals only to go piss allover the toilet seat in one of the stalls. Why don't you save the stalls for those who have to go #2? I know you're not going to mop up your mess in there, leaving it for someone prairie-doggin' to clean up.

TripleD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What about the number of people I see going to the bathroom and then quickly exiting without washing their hands? Didn't their folks teach them good manners and hygene? My kids do it automatically now since we have stressed it since they were toddlers.
My Parents taught me not to piss on my hands. :D

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always thought it was unsupervised kids leaving a mess in the bathrooms until;

I was Prez of the recreation club at work. I get a call from the janitorial service for our rec hall. We had rented the hall, through an employee, for the Kiwanis to have a banquet, no kids there.
Someone took a dump IN A URINAL!!!!!!!!!!!!
Heard from a friend, who was at the banquet, he heard it happen as he was in a stall. Listened for the guy to leave and then exited the stall to discretely see who the filthy, disgusting culprit was. It was the employee who had rented the hall on the Kiwanis behalf. He was also, one of the top department heads for the company.
He was a not happy about being confronted by the Plant Manager, in my presence, about the "happening". Says he did it in protest of having to rent the hall for their banquet, even though, the rental fee was only to cover electricity and clean-up.
The Kiwanis weren't happy about losing their deposit, but I just told them to 'ask Joe' to explain it.

I have a similar story. I used to clean a fairly upscale office building after hours. A big company here rented a fairly large space on the first floor for con-ed classes for their IT guys. Those guys were filthy. The last straw was when they spread feces all over the walls of the men's room and I happen to overhear them LAWLng about it ... I went upstairs to an architech's office and asked if I could have a couple bottles of the ammonia they used to clean their blue print machines. When they asked me why I told them and they were more than happy to oblige me. I went back downstairs, cleaned up the mess in then men's room and then threw ammonia all over the walls, toilets, urinals, floors and counters of the men's room and then went on about my business cleaning the rest of my floors.

When my co-workers and I were leaving the building for the night we could smell the ammonia in the lobby. Those guys couldn't use that bathroom for three days. I never had to so much as wipe down the sink in that bathroom ever again -- it was always spotless. Bastards. :)

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hey???? Was this at a gun show??????

Now, here is where I get serious and REALLY tick off the participants of this "fine establishment of discerning adults."

I've got a saying that I like to use, but it loses its effectiveness when it is written instead of being heard, because my voice inflection just really caps it off. That saying is:

"Germs are our friends."

Seriously folks, how do you suppose we build immunities anyway? Anecdote: My kids partly grew up on a farm. On farms, especially those with horses and cattle, one's hands get into some dirt. Our kids were always playing out in the dirt and everywhere else they could. To this day, they are pretty darn healthy and seldom get sick enough to even lose one day of work. Same applies to me. By contrast, my sister's kids weren't allowed to play outdoors in the dirt and every little bug that comes around makes them sick for at least two days, and they complain the whole time.

Now, bathrooms; one finishes up, washes hands, uses paper towel to open door, holds door with foot while trying to hit the trash can with the "to be discarded towel, which often misses," steps out the door and then proceeds to walk somewhere and place their hands where everyone else has as well. Really? What's to gain from all that extra nonsense just to leave paper towels on the floor?

I'm on board with this. I wash my hands after I use the bathroom and before dinner. I've eaten many sandwiches covered in grease and dirt and rarely get sick. I have a good friend that constantly uses hand sanitizer and is always sick because his immune system is so weak.

Got a cut? Stop crying rub some dirt in it and go on!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm on board with this. I wash my hands after I use the bathroom and before dinner. I've eaten many sandwiches covered in grease and dirt and rarely get sick. I have a good friend that constantly uses hand sanitizer and is always sick because his immune system is so weak.

LOL ... With all due respect, you and Terry are NUTS ... :lookaroun As you guys know, my dad was a vet. What you may not know is my mom was a RN. We got lived in the country and got dirty, dirty, dirty as kids but there are some things you do not skimp on and that is handwashing ... and keeping your hands away from your face. We were covering our mouths with the inside of our elbows when we coughed WAY before it was fashionable to do so ...

Same thing with open wounds. No need to use anything other than soap and water most times, but no need to "tempt" fate ... Tetanus ... or staph ... are nothing to mess around with.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How many here have ever "washed" their hands with dirt?

I'll bet that there are darn few hands in the air. Back when we were on the farm, one might be literally miles and miles from a source of water, other than what was in one's water jug. (Incidentally, those water jugs weren't the 5-gallon ones seen on the back or sides of work trucks.) If one was in a situation of having to repair a bearing on a farm implement, it usually involved packing the bearing with grease. If you've never done that, one puts a glob of grease in the palm of one's hand and then pushes the bearing into that glob of grease to get it to work in around the balls or cylinders of the bearing. I guarantee that it makes a real mess on one's hands.

Then, once done, one picks up a handful of dirt, hopefully without stickers, and rubs one's hands in that dirt to remove the grease. Once that is done, a little dab of one's drinking water may be used to remove some of the dirt. What is then left to do is dry one's hands, and sometimes, all one has is their pants legs.

Ah, I miss the simpler days. Oh, and I can not ever remember have to take off from work because I was sick. I have taken off because of injuries from being thrown from a horse and for a back thrown out from digging post holes. Man.....chiropractors are NASTY. My first time with one of them, I commented afterwards that it was the first time in my life that I had paid to get beat up.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score

Oh, brother....

Ok, man.

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Oh, brother....

Ok, man.

If you don't use your muscles they atrophy, if you don't use your immune system because you constantly sanitize everything it well become weak.

I don't seriously suggest anyone rub dirt on a cut. But I don't think everyone needs a sanitizing wipe for their shopping cart either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom