Puerto Ricans back Statehood

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can we revoke statehood if someone doesn't run at a surplus?

Also, could we have a national election the following week?
There's a big difference between ejecting an existing state and declining to admit a new one. And no, we couldn't; national elections are on a schedule prescribed by the Constitution. (Technically, we could, if the new state was admitted in the last week in October, but that's just hair-splitting.)

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How does the U.S. benefit from their admission into the union? Oil & Gas, gold, silver, lithium, strategic geographical location? I'm not seeing anything but I could be wrong.

IMO it takes a little more than good feelings for helping out a poor downtrodden island to get you in.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Served with many fine Puerto Rican Soldiers and Officers over the years. Got into one heck of a firefight in 2003 in Iraq. The Puerto Rico National Guard was there for us and fought like champs. I have nothing but respect for the Island and their people. They fight for the United States, are U.S. citizens, statehood only makes sense. My partner in crime for many years was a Command Sergeant Major from Puerto Rico. He handled troops like no one I have seen before or since. Bring puerto Rico in with open arms if they desire, their culture and service will complement the flag.

Latest posts

Top Bottom