Quail Sightings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Three of us went out after the morning deer hunt. Let the dogs work a couple of tree rows and came back with enough for lunch yesterday. Getting ready to put my boots on and do it again. LOTS of birds!

This story does not end well. My buddy's farmhouse is on a blacktop road. I turned my back for a second to grab my gun. My brittany was already on the highway. I buried my hunting partner of 11 years this afternoon. Been a crappy day.

So sorry man. That's hard to hear. Like losing a bit of yourself when they go too soon like that.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We have a good sized covey under the feeder most of Gun season. Lots of good pic's. the we got photos of a bobcat one evening. Haven't seen any of the Quail since.

Come to think of it, I've not see a rabbit since that either.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Three of us went out after the morning deer hunt. Let the dogs work a couple of tree rows and came back with enough for lunch yesterday. Getting ready to put my boots on and do it again. LOTS of birds!

This story does not end well. My buddy's farmhouse is on a blacktop road. I turned my back for a second to grab my gun. My brittany was already on the highway. I buried my hunting partner of 11 years this afternoon. Been a crappy day.

Damm, that really sucks. Sorry to hear about your loss.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you everyone. We'll get through this with some time. She was very close to the family. Lived in the house and moped around when my daughter went off to college. My twenty year old daughter would come home just to play hide and seek with brandy. The call to her was the toughest.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thank you everyone. We'll get through this with some time. She was very close to the family. Lived in the house and moped around when my daughter went off to college. My twenty year old daughter would come home just to play hide and seek with brandy. The call to her was the toughest.

That would be a tough call to make sorry for your loss

Latest posts

Top Bottom