Quality AR Parts List

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And don't forget to check out Black Rain Ordinance out of Missouri. EXTREME HIGH QUALITY forged uppers and lowers, but expensive.

Aren't all uppers/lowers forged? Don't you mean billet uppers/lowers (I thought that's all Black Rain offered was Billet uppers/lowers).

If you can find one of these, then build an AR with it :)

[Broken External Image]

J

jamekin

I'm researching purchasing my first AR as well. I do have a fair but of knowledge about what I want in the rifle as it has an exclusive intended purpose; predator hunting. I've been reading forums on AR15.com for weeks and all read BCM, Daniel Defense, LMT, and Noveske. For my purpose, a lightweight, maneuverable, and accurate rifle, I have been pointed to LaRue arms out of Texas. Their PredatAR comes with a factory target, normally under .5 MOA at 100 yards. At 6.25 lbs (16 inch) it is hard to beat. The price on the other hand is pretty easy to beat ($1499). Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking for light, accurate at longer ranges, and reliable.

Shakkazombie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm researching purchasing my first AR as well. I do have a fair but of knowledge about what I want in the rifle as it has an exclusive intended purpose; predator hunting. I've been reading forums on AR15.com for weeks and all read BCM, Daniel Defense, LMT, and Noveske. For my purpose, a lightweight, maneuverable, and accurate rifle, I have been pointed to LaRue arms out of Texas. Their PredatAR comes with a factory target, normally under .5 MOA at 100 yards. At 6.25 lbs (16 inch) it is hard to beat. The price on the other hand is pretty easy to beat ($1499). Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking for light, accurate at longer ranges, and reliable.

I put together a rifle last year -
Upper: BCM midlength upper with 16" SS 1:8 barrel, BCM BCG, and Gunfighter Charging handle, MOE handguard and Magpul BUIS (Total price - about $550)
Lower: Rainier Arms lower with DPMS LPK, MOE grip, Vltor Imod stock, Magpul ASAP plate (Total price - about $375)
If you add to those the sling attachment point, sling, and mags (6), I've probably spent around $1100 so far.

This rifle has performed flawlessly. I would highly recommend this method to a new buyer. Save money on your lower; don't buy an expensive one just to have an expensive one. Most lowers from most of the larger companies will work well (unless they are out of spec, which could happen). Spend more on your upper - good upper receiver, good barrel, good BCG. I would argue that I get as much performance out of my set-up as people who buy $1500 - $2000 starter rifles. Not to say that those rifles aren't worth it. Higher quality parts are always good. But there are certain parts that you shouldn't skimp on, and some that you can get away with skimping on. Plus, I had more money for ammo.

Another option would be buying a $980 or so Colt 6920 from a reputable online dealer, buy a bunch of ammo, and get to it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom