Question for the AR Guys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have seen a coupe of AR's that the upper rail goes all the way from the start of the upper receive to the end of the foregrip without stoping where most have the delta rings. WHat is needed to do this? Is it a fore end you can use or a whole other gun MFG, that dont use the delta rings? like the top one here

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure I'm understanding the question right, but it looks like that one is a monolithic (sp?) upper where the entire thing is machined from one piece. Here's another version from LMT:

[Broken External Image]

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The one you linked to is a POF Predator rail. Like 264 said, there are about a million different ones out there.

Let us not forget VLTOR...you don't even have to replace or uninstall the barrel nut / delta ring assembly.

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a320_mmchambers06_P4291266.jpg

ETA: FWIW, I still don't recommend placing optics on anything but the flat top upper itself.

repete34

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 for VLTOR... I have one of the first one evr made, and I love it. I have sold a bunch of them also and nodody have ever said a bad word. I will put one on the 9mm carbine as well, as the weight is almost nothing.

Also you add a rail only where you want one, and it comes with 6 rails.

Latest posts

Top Bottom