Question for you 3 gunners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slammer

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
2300 N Lincoln Blvd, OKlahoma City, OK 73105
I appreciate the help guys! Now I'll just have to decide which Bladetech holster to go with. I guess I can't go wrong.

I vote for the drop and offset with a teklok belt attachment. I have long arms and girlish hips so it draws better for me. If you don't like the drop dealt you can remove it and run it on your AR mags like I do.

Reaction score
AFAIAC, the answer is "the same one that you use for carry", whatever that one is. The idea of these games is to make you proficient in self-defense. The draw/feel should be the same as it would in a self-defense scenario.

That's not to say that the Blade-Techs or others aren't fine - they are fine for carry, too (if they meet YOUR particular needs for CCW), so they are fine for the games as well.

stewball

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AFAIAC, the answer is "the same one that you use for carry", whatever that one is. The idea of these games is to make you proficient in self-defense. The draw/feel should be the same as it would in a self-defense scenario.

These matches have about as much to do with self defense as drag racing has to do with driving on the neighborhood streets.

Slammer

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
2300 N Lincoln Blvd, OKlahoma City, OK 73105

That's not to say that the Blade-Techs or others aren't fine - they are fine for carry, too (if they meet YOUR particular needs for CCW), so they are fine for the games as well.

Errrrr, sorry Doc. Stewball is right! This is a game and only a game. If you play by the self defense rules you lose in this game. Although it does teach you to shoot faster and more accurately than the bad guys and it does so from a wide array of positions.

You can run CCW gear if you want to reaffirm that skill set.

Of course I am speaking from experience only by watching a bunch if videos on YouTube. I have never shot 3 gun myself. Can't wait for my first match!

Reaction score
If you play by the self defense rules you lose in this game

I would submit that if you have the highest score on competition day, then get killed by a mugger because you flub your draw from your actual CCW holster, you have just lost the game.

To me, the "game" is working toward perfecting the art of self-defense. The score you get matters not one whit, EXCEPT for the very important matter of comparing it against your old scores, and working to improve as against yourself.

YMM (and does) V. :D

These matches have about as much to do with self defense as drag racing has to do with driving on the neighborhood streets.

Sorry, not true at all... the skill set of rapidly shooting accurately under pressure can and does have a lot more carryover to a self-defense situation than the analogy you describe. True that they're not one and the same - but the skill set is MUCH more useful than for a drag racer on city streets - and I'll bet you that move drag racers can in fact drive very well on neighborhood streets. :)

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

I disagree. These matches and self defense are more like drag racing and flying a jumbo jet. They make competition gear for competition. I don't see myself carrying my 20" compensated, .035 front sight lightened carrier AR into the streets of Iraq anytime soon. Yes it would work, but probably not optimal. Same goes for my SVI double stack .40 with a big magwell on it. Not sure those shell holders would be conspicuous either.
I use a blade-tech on my belt, without the drop and offset to keep it from floppin around when running.

Latest posts

Top Bottom