question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlw2123

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont know if anyone else is like me in the fact that they may find themselves in question as to which rifle of 20 or so should i use for deer hunting this year. well Im a little adventurous and want to try some of my mil surplus rifles i.e.; mosin nagant, sks, ak-74, vz-24 mauser 8mm... BUT... oklahoma hunting regulations state that a .22 caliber centerfire rifle cannot have more than a 7 round magazine for deer hunting (ar-15, mini14) NOW HERES THE QUESTION IM DYING TO FIND AN ANSWER TO. if i want to take my ak-74 (5.45x39mm) deer hunting, IS IT CLASSIFIED AS A 22 caliber??? technically the 5.45mm is .21 or so but it does not have a civilian counter part that says it is a 22 caliber (that i know of) such as the 5.56 round is basically a .223 remington. only problem is, is i dont know where to find a 5 round mag for an ak74 any comments are welcome! ??

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you don't want to go telling people its a 21 cal. 22 cal is the minimum allowed. Yes, it will need a 7 round or less magazine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom