Questions about USSA.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KYarb

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello everyone. :) I went down to USSA a few days ago and had a tour with Cliff. I was very impressed with the facility, but there was a couple questions I forgot to ask... So I figured I'd see if anyone here knew!

First up is regarding their DoD compliant armory (seen this mentioned in the 'USSA flyover' video as well as an article on concealedcarry.net I believe), what exactly is it? Generally, a DoD compliant armory would refer to something like THIS. Is that along the lines of what they offer? A full service storage for members?

The second question, I did remember to ask and I got a "hazy" response. What you would call a grey area I guess, lol. I inquired about taking my CCW class prior to turning 21 and if I would be able to rent a firearm/ammunition to take the class. I was told I could take it, but I'd only need to shoot 50 rounds. Does that mean I am able to rent a handgun at 20? These grey areas are so confusing! =) I know I'm allowed to purchase a handgun and/or ammunition through a private sale at 20, and I'm legally allowed to possess a handgun at 20, but does the same principle apply to renting?

That's all for now, I may remember some other things if anyone cares to share their knowledge of the facility.

On a kind-of related topic, what do current USSA members think of the facility in terms of practical use?

ManDown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been a member there for 2 years now and there isn't a better place to go. If there is anything you need, just ask and they'll get it for you. The range staff is always great and all you have to do is walk in, check in and your set to shoot. How easy is that?

MDT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was one of the first members there. It is, hands down, the best facility in this area. They have always treated me well and gone out of their way to accommodate me. Great place and great folks. Practically speaking, the different areas to shoot, the variety of steel, the classes offered are way above the other ranges in the area.

KYarb

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you, acpjosh. I look forward to your findings! =)

To ManDown & MDT, thank you for your insights. I was already of the opinion that USSA was probably the best range around. Not to mention it's convenient for me, being only 5-10 mins away really. You're just helping me confirm it. =)

DC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you, acpjosh. I look forward to your findings! =)

To ManDown & MDT, thank you for your insights. I was already of the opinion that USSA was probably the best range around. Not to mention it's convenient for me, being only 5-10 mins away really. You're just helping me confirm it. =)

I'm not sure that you could find a better full service facility in the US.

Dustin98SS1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm wanting to go out there tomorrow or Friday. How much is it to go shoot if I dont buy a membership? Feel free to PM me prices if you dont want to post them here. :rant:

Latest posts

Top Bottom