Rainier bullets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody on here reload using Rainier bullets? If so, what was/is your experience?

I've had a good time with Berry's plated, but their available quantities aren't working for me right now, their price is average, and there is a wait involved. And right now I need to buy some bullets. Right now. Maybe even yesterday.
:gun1:

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go to Mitch for your Berry's bullets. I had sworn off them because of extremely poor customer service, but when J&K started carrying them, I buy from them. I have used Ranier and Berrys both with good success. Mitch told me that if I keep the velocity at 1200 fps or less they work just fine. I load them in 44 mag for my Desert Eagle, My lever gun, my contender and my 44mag carbine. They work great in all those guns. I shoot a large number of them in 9mm and 40 as well. I have shot a few hundred in 45acp and they work well also. No problems with leading or accuracy in what I am shooting. Just remember to keep the velocity at or below 1200fps and you won't have any trouble. J&K also stocks 223 55grain fmj bullets... Blitzfike

12gabackup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've shot several thousand Rainier bullets in 9mm 115gr JHP, 40s&w 155gr Flat Point & 165gr JHP, and 45acp 200gr JHP & 230gr FMJ. I am very happy with them. Sub 2" groups at 25 yrds off the bench is the norm if the gun and I are doing our part.
Also, the hollow points actually expand!

cheech_029

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rainier bullets are good, I've shot thousands without problems. They are pretty consistent on quality and weight. The plating has never separated or fouled while reloading them.

Although it is nice to not have to wait for them and just drive to Mitch's place and pick up some Berry's. Both make a decent and dependable bullet. You really can't go wrong either way.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, this is all great news, and thanks for the replies. I actually forgot about J&K stocking Berry's. I want 500 in 9mm. Perhaps a trip out there tomorrow.
:thumbup3:

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to J&K in Moore to pick up the needed rounds. Mitch was extremely helpful and informative, and convinced me that I should shoot at the Jan 9th match at H&H. Now if only I can get these rounds made in time.

Oh, and excellent pricing. You should go down there and buy some bullets.

TonyT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use either Rainier or Berry's plated bullets and Montana Gold jacketed. In my limited experience the only plated bullet which approaches bullseye match level accuracy is the Rainer 45 cal 200 gr SWC.

Latest posts

Top Bottom