Ranch/Farm Utility Vehicles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s a really nice rig!!! Mules have come along ways, and they’ve really upped their game. I had a diesel Mule in about 2000 and sold it, because it was costing me too much to keep it running. I have a 2006 Ranger here in TX and a 2009 Ranger at my place up there. I hope they run forever, because I’ll never buy another one at today’s prices.
I bought a 2011 Chevy single cab short bed 4x4 in 2020 for a run to town/farm truck, and I’m already calling it my street legal UTV. I couldn’t come close to buying a new UTV for what I have in the truck, AND I can drive it on the highway. :thumb:

Last edited:

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found a rough CJ7 for my lease vehicle. New rims and tires including spare, shocks, floor pans, new seats and bikini top, desert camo spare tire cover, and rattle can paint job for under 5K. It runs like a top but doesn't idle until it's warmed up on really cold mornings. The camo pant really hides the rust and dents.

IMG_8606.jpg

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have my dad’s Yamaha Grizzly with a 3,500lb winch (Warn, IIRC). The only problem it has is that it doesn’t bring enough arse to the game—everything I need to winch with it weighs more than it does, so it ends up being the one getting dragged, even with me sitting on it. Oh, well, that’s what tractors and tow chains are for…
Anchor with your rear tires, works great, pulled many a stuck Jeep out this way.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s a really nice rig!!! Mules have come along ways, and they’ve really upped their game. I had a diesel Mule in about 2000 and sold it, because it was costing me too much to keep it running.

Thanks. I had a 2001 Mule diesel that we bought new. Put a small, electric powered snow plow on it and used it to plow snow and haul firewood at our place in the mountains in Colorado until I got a truck with a big plow in 2014. It was a rough driveway that was .6 miles long and pretty steep in spots. The only thing I ever did to that mule was replace the battery.

Bought another used one, maybe an 05(?), in Idaho for snow plowing there. Used it from 2016 to 2019 when I moved down here. Never had any trouble with that one but it wasn't in as good condition as my first. Still very reliable.

Then I bought a new 2021 Mule diesel, the big DXT Pro with the convertible bed/back seat. Awesome machine but very loud. Decided I didn't have a use for it at my place in Olustee so I foolishly sold it. Less than a year later and here I am on the perfect property for that Mule. I kick myself in the a$$ every day over that.

This gas one I just bought is much quieter and smaller, won't haul as much and doesn't have as much power. But it'll do everything I need it to do. If it won't, I have a tractor.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The geo is lifted now?
The geo was sold a few years ago.
I drive a Corolla now and the only thing it has suspension wise is the rear springs were replaced with much heavier Camry Front springs..Well one camry and one corolla front spring.

Just about 2X the spring rate.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The geo was sold a few years ago.
I drive a Corolla now and the only thing it has suspension wise is the rear springs were replaced with much heavier Camry Front springs..Well one camry and one corolla front spring.

Just about 2X the spring rate.
I like your style sir. Plus I got to ride in the Chevy

Latest posts

Top Bottom