Ranch/Farm Utility Vehicles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We needed something to get around the farm in, haul stuff like hay, feed, fencing, and just generally have fun with. So we picked up this little guy the other day. Went ahead and bought a new one because a decent used one at a reasonable price is almost impossible to find.

20230105_142115.jpg

CanadianRiverRat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those Mule's are work horses! I have a diesel Mule 3010, couldn't imagine doing without it. I'd suggest you get a winch on yours, I use mine at least once a week for various stuff. Get a 3500lb min (better is a 5000lb winch) and also a good snatch block and some tree straps. Atwoods sells a 4 pack of square LED lights for about $30, they are darn good! And if you're handy with steel fab work, you can get a 12v linear actuator, build some brackets and make yours a "power dump bed".

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have my dad’s Yamaha Grizzly with a 3,500lb winch (Warn, IIRC). The only problem it has is that it doesn’t bring enough arse to the game—everything I need to winch with it weighs more than it does, so it ends up being the one getting dragged, even with me sitting on it. Oh, well, that’s what tractors and tow chains are for…

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice. My brother-in-law actually bought a used Chevy Colorado instead of a UTV due to the price. It's crazy how much those things can be . . . .
Yep. My BIL has a nice extremely low hours 2 row SBS he's selling for $21k. He's added power steering, a winch, stereo and IDK what all else but it's a nice setup.

I was considering it before I heard how much he has in it. I thought DAMN! I can buy a CJ5, put a lift, wheels, winch and have a good off road setup for a lot less money that I can actually drive to our camp.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those Mule's are work horses! I have a diesel Mule 3010, couldn't imagine doing without it. I'd suggest you get a winch on yours, I use mine at least once a week for various stuff. Get a 3500lb min (better is a 5000lb winch) and also a good snatch block and some tree straps. Atwoods sells a 4 pack of square LED lights for about $30, they are darn good! And if you're handy with steel fab work, you can get a 12v linear actuator, build some brackets and make yours a "power dump bed".

This is my 4th one in a little over 20 years. The first 3 were all diesels. The Mule isn't fast...but they're sturdy and built well. This is the first gas powered one we have. According to the guy I talked to at the dealer Kawasaki is allocating all the diesel units to fleet and .gov sales. They're really hard to find right now.

This one is one of the models that can go from a 2 seat configuration with a short bed to a 1 seat configuration with a longer bed.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmm I have a old GMC S15 sitting in my backyard that i have had for 20 years may have to do some work on it and get it running again a use that instead of getting a sxs, I could do alot of work and still not have 1/3 of what a sxs would cost. its the only vehicule i have ever owned that i bought used and doubled what i gave for it when a lady clip the frontend and damaged the front fender and bumper, and i drove it several years after that.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We were using the old Dodge 1/2 ton. But it's only 2wd and won't go some places when it's wet. It's also too big and heavy to get into the back acreage where all the trees are.

Some of Honda and Polaris models we looked at were over $31K... We didn't even pay close to 1/2 that for the Kawasaki. And it has a better warranty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom