Random stuff you have made

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnjennings

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_9930.jpeg

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Made my own flat top roof rack. 1,200+ for a manufactured one... Less than $250 for one I made out of unistrut. Very solid with no rattles. Some wind noise at highway speeds, but that's what loud music is for...

View attachment 485119
I was going to say, I'll bet that whistles a bit. I had some aluminum ladders with hollow tubes for rungs. It was so bad I had to use sprayfoam to keep them from moaning and whistling at speed.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I posted my radial arm saw for cutting aluminum a few pages back. I said then it was a work in progress. So, today I made another change to it. I cut the front of the table out and put a piece of 1/8" ss between the stand and the saw table. It was wasted space that I can use to store aluminum in.
DSCF6770.JPG

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw this idea on one of the machinist's sites that I'm a member of. This is a demagnetizer to demagnetize small tools like screw drivers, Allen wrenches, etc. I turned down some 2" aluminum rod, plunge cut the openings for the rare earth magnets, and made an end cap out of nylon. The magnets have to be arranged by a matching set across from each other. Positive pole up on one set and negative up on the other set. I made the cap .025" tight and pressed it on. Just spin the tool in a lathe, drill press or even a hand drill. Pass the tool length wise slowly across close to the end cap to demagnetize it. Some may take several passes.
demagnitiser (1).JPG
demagnitiser (2).JPG
demagnitiser (3).JPG

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw this idea on one of the machinist's sites that I'm a member of. This is a demagnetizer to demagnetize small tools like screw drivers, Allen wrenches, etc. I turned down some 2" aluminum rod, plunge cut the openings for the rare earth magnets, and made an end cap out of nylon. The magnets have to be arranged by a matching set across from each other. Positive pole up on one set and negative up on the other set. I made the cap .025" tight and pressed it on. Just spin the tool in a lathe, drill press or even a hand drill. Pass the tool length wise slowly across close to the end cap to demagnetize it. Some may take several passes. View attachment 487798View attachment 487799View attachment 487801
Nice work!
When I worked at Smith Tool, We had an electron beam welder that did the final welding on the three cone rock bits. Nothing could be magnetized when going into the vacuum chamber, so every part went through a demagnetizer.
If one had a digital watch, it would kill it if getting too close. It was extremely powerful. I'm sure yours isn't going to have any issues along that line.

Latest posts

Top Bottom