Random stuff you have made

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I made this king-sized bed frame out of walnut and maple, using various examples of the Craftsman style of design that was popular circa 1900-1910. It matches the nightstand and lamp that I made last year. There’s a strip of LED lights tucked into a groove I routed in the underside of the top cap, with strips of aluminum on the back side of the headboard for touch on/off control. It was a challenge from the concept through the CAD layout to the construction, and I did make some mistakes along the way, but all in all, I’m pleased with the results. My gf thinks I’m too hard on myself 😉

IMG_7184.jpeg

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I made this king-sized bed frame out of walnut and maple, using various examples of the Craftsman style of design that was popular circa 1900-1910. It matches the nightstand and lamp that I made last year. There’s a strip of LED lights tucked into a groove I routed in the underside of the top cap, with strips of aluminum on the back side of the headboard for touch on/off control. It was a challenge from the concept through the CAD layout to the construction, and I did make some mistakes along the way, but all in all, I’m pleased with the results. My gf thinks I’m too hard on myself 😉

View attachment 519561

A true craftsman. I like to play in sawdust but u sir are a craftsman

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

View attachment 519561
Wow.

Yeah, wow just about covers it.

WOW.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

View attachment 519561
I'm exhibiting more than a bit of awe. More of a wood butcher, myself.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I put aside this hassock fan project, which was almost done, to do the time-sensitive bed frame project. Once the latter was done, I was able to finish this fan. The housing and diverter slats are cherry, the side panels are shedua, and the dyed epoxy insert is delineated by laser-cut walnut with a purple heartwood frame. There’s an LED strip inside the diverter cone on the underside of the top. It took five attempts to produce a satisfactory epoxy insert - my gf who did the laser work each time threatened to leave me 😉 I’m quite pleased with the results!

IMG_7206.jpeg

IMG_7205.jpeg

IMG_7209.jpeg

IMG_7208.jpeg

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I put aside this hassock fan project, which was almost done, to do the time-sensitive bed frame project. Once the latter was done, I was able to finish this fan. The housing and diverter slats are cherry, the side panels are shedua, and the dyed epoxy insert is delineated by laser-cut walnut with a purple heartwood frame. There’s an LED strip inside the diverter cone on the underside of the top. It took five attempts to produce a satisfactory epoxy insert - my gf who did the laser work each time threatened to leave me 😉 I’m quite pleased with the results!

View attachment 520842

View attachment 520848

View attachment 520849

View attachment 520850
That is SO SPIFFY! Tell her it had to be done just right because you wanted her to get proper credit from the friends you told about her assistance on the project.

:bowdown:

Latest posts

Top Bottom