2024 Deer Season Stories/Pics/Etc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s a gorgeous evening out here in the woods.

IMG_1854.jpeg

Woody's Janitor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is story behind this hunt is a little funny. JM had passed on this buck 10 days earlier. I'm like, really? Are you sure? Why? He said it was not the buck that he wanted. Okay, so I let it ride until the weekend. I reminded him that he can harvest 2 bucks so get a good buck on the ground and then wait on the one that you want. I also reminded him that we may not ever see either buck again. Well, when he saw this one again, he put it down. He didn't make the best shot, but it didn't go far. Since this was a school day, he had permission to come in late. I got him to school with two minutes to spare. He harvested his first one last year with a muzzle loader. He had never shot a ML before. He got this one with a crossbow. Now, he needs to get one with a rifle. Not bad for a 11-year-old. Take a kid hunting!!!!!

1729365361857.png

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is story behind this hunt is a little funny. JM had passed on this buck 10 days earlier. I'm like, really? Are you sure? Why? He said it was not the buck that he wanted. Okay, so I let it ride until the weekend. I reminded him that he can harvest 2 bucks so get a good buck on the ground and then wait on the one that you want. I also reminded him that we may not ever see either buck again. Well, when he saw this one again, he put it down. He didn't make the best shot, but it didn't go far. Since this was a school day, he had permission to come in late. I got him to school with two minutes to spare. He harvested his first one last year with a muzzle loader. He had never shot a ML before. He got this one with a crossbow. Now, he needs to get one with a rifle. Not bad for a 11-year-old. Take a kid hunting!!!!!

View attachment 520890
This young man has the makings of a trophy buck hunter. If a person has a target buck, he has to be willing to pass other bucks knowing he may go home empty handed. The majority of hunters I know don’t have this ability, so JM is off to a good start. Congrats again on a great buck. :thumb:

Latest posts

Top Bottom