Range Idiots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jc5420

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just a rant, but really?

So yesterday I took a break from working on the car and went to Canadian Ranges. Once I was there I kindly waited until most everyone at the 100 yard range was done firing and asked to go down range. After everyone went down and came back, all 20 or so people started shooting again. I was there to mostly test out different factory loads and while shooting on of my groups... I hear all this yelling and my father quickly pushed my rifle onto saftey while I was about to squeeze the trigger. Some "man" in his mid 30's maybe early 40's decided he would go down and check his targets without checking to do so. We had to stop everyone around us from shooting while this guy was about 25 yards out checking his 50 yard target. About a whole 15 minutes after this happened one of the other men who I had to stop from firing for the other guy decided to do the same thing. So two men who were fully capable of thinking both decided to run down range in hopes of viewing their targets while dodging bullets.

To make things worse... This happens almost every time I go to this range when there are more than just a handful of people there. Luckly no one was hurt, but really? A full grown "Adult" ?? decided to walk down range without anouncing? Maybe range owners should ask every customer, "Before I take your money, are you an idiot?"

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Add an air horn to your range bag.

Works wonders...

thegirlwithoutmorals.files.wordpress.com_2010_11_airhorn.jpg

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me last time I went to Canadian Ranges. I was trying some .22 long rifle at 100 yards and was plinking away. All of a sudden I see someone walking down range thru my scope. I quickly "safed" the gun and waited for them to get back so I could educate them on the dangers of walking down range when others are shooting. The guy thought it was okay to go check his target because "it was three targets down from the one I was shooting at"

Latest posts

Top Bottom