Range Idiots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just a rant, but really?

Once I was there I kindly waited until most everyone at the 100 yard range was done firing and asked to go down range. After everyone went down and came back, all 20 or so people started shooting again. I hear all this yelling and my father quickly pushed my rifle onto saftey while I was about to squeeze the trigger. Some "man" in his mid 30's maybe early 40's decided he would go down and check his targets without checking to do so. We had to stop everyone around us from shooting while this guy was about 25 yards out checking his 50 yard target. About a whole 15 minutes after this happened one of the other men who I had to stop from firing for the other guy decided to do the same thing. So two men who were fully capable of thinking both decided to run down range in hopes of viewing their targets while dodging bullets.

were you at the 100 yard range and other guys were at the 50 yard?

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate the guys that want to close the line every time they fire 3 bullets. Dude, get a spotting scope and set up multiple targets. The range targets have like 9 things to shoot at out there.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No i was not, and i really dont trust that 4" thick concrete wall.

Are you implying that I am the stupid one?

just asked a question, don't know how you got that conclusion.

Was told at each concrete walled section is separate range, just trying to figure out what section you were in. 20 or more shooters in one section? sounds like a busy day for Harry!

ItsOnlyMoney

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My husband & I experienced the same thing the last time we were there. We also got to meet Mr. Wanna be gang banger guy who thought he was cool carrying his weapon in the waist band of his sagging pants. It kept falling, and he'd grab for it. On the same trip, I'm in the middle of firing, and some guy is right by my ear & tapping me to stop me saying he needs to go down range. No consideration for the fact that I'm shooting, and he's tapping my trigger arm. Don't understand why he couldn't be courteous, and wait until I emptied my magazine. I wanted to smack him, but I just gave him what my husband calls the uh-oh look. :D He didn't interrupt me again.

I like that there's no waiting at that range, and it's outside, so you can enjoy nice weather, but it really can be an unsafe place to shoot.

jc5420

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
just asked a question, don't know how you got that conclusion.

Was told at each concrete walled section is separate range, just trying to figure out what section you were in. 20 or more shooters in one section? sounds like a busy day for Harry!

Lol I was being sarcastic. Anyways it was the 100 / 50 range and the first one to do it was at the 50 halfand the other was two benchs over from me.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go to your car and call the effing police. YOU'RE THE IDIOT IF YOU LET THIS HAPPEN.

Come on been...

your right i should of. While we were there i thought they were diet cokes. As we were driving off someone in the car mentioned it was alcherhol. That explained there rowdy and irresponsible behavior.

Latest posts

Top Bottom