Range Idiots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mpdelaney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I seldom shoot there anymore after the numerous "accidents" that occur. You try to tell people what correct procedure is and why, all they do is roll their eyes at you. I've expierenced the same idiocy at OKC Gun Club too though. People handling loaded firearms in safe zones. Again... Disregard and rolled eyes.

Stainless

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like shooting out there at canadian because most of the time its just a handful of people there when i go. BUT there are alot of people there i see that need to take a safety class or something. Off topic but does anyone know why the old man wont let you rapid fire?

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I've been on the other end of this stuff.

At the 100 yard range, we had all safed our weapons.

"Everyone Clear?"
"Everyone is clear"

We all walked down to check our targets and reset.

As I am walking back, at about the 50 yard line, I see one of the idjets on the line holding his rifle, and aiming it down range in my direction.

I dived for cover and started yelling at him to put his rifle down.

"Don't worry, it isn't loaded."

"I don't care. Put the f***ing rifle down!!!! and step away from the line!!!!".

When I got up and dusted myself off, I went back to the line and chewed him a new one. Then I packed up and left.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Dave

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like shooting out there at canadian because most of the time its just a handful of people there when i go. BUT there are alot of people there i see that need to take a safety class or something. Off topic but does anyone know why the old man wont let you rapid fire?

I can tell you why. My buddy Randy got a big lecture from the old man when we were shooting out there one day.

He is just being safe. Sure, a lot of guys have good control of where they put the bullets, but a lot can't, and his berms just aren't that high. There is a farm just on the other side of that pile of dirt. "You know where all them bullets are goin'?" he yelled at Randy.

Randy, as it is, can shoot the ass out of a knat, and all his rounds were going on the paper, but if he doesn't have the rule, some moron is gonna shoot that farmer... one of these days.

Stainless

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can tell you why. My buddy Randy got a big lecture from the old man when we were shooting out there one day.

He is just being safe. Sure, a lot of guys have good control of where they put the bullets, but a lot can't, and his berms just aren't that high. There is a farm just on the other side of that pile of dirt. "You know where all them bullets are goin'?" he yelled at Randy.

Randy, as it is, can shoot the ass out of a knat, and all his rounds were going on the paper, but if he doesn't have the rule, some moron is gonna shoot that farmer... one of these days.
Makes sense, just never knew his reason

Latest posts

Top Bottom