Range mishap??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to my local range today to relax and do a little shooting. And pick up some extra range brass.
When I got to the table I looked around at the brass on the ground and noticed lots of (and I mean quite a bit of) drops of blood on the concrete. All around the table I was sitting at.
It's hard to see in this picture, but it was still red in color, which tells me it happened not that long ago
Range mishap of some kind?
IMG_20241027_165757368_HDR.jpg

Or negligent mishap?, like not knowing how to hold a semi auto and getting your thumb sliced.
A different kind of malfunction? Like overpressure or something on the gun breaking and injuring the shooter.
Or maybe just someone with a bloody nose?

There are no steel plates as targets. But it is metal pipes with rubber mats for mounting your target to.

Hooper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I go to H&H to browse around on occasion, I like to watch from behind the glass, all the different people shooting at the range. Interesting to see there shooting styles. I see people all the time using overhand grip on semi auto pistols. I use to tell them at the front desk hey those dudes are fixing to slice there thumbs like a meat slicer. They never seem to care, so I do not bother any more.
You see very few experienced shooters there shooting and from watching, I know why. Looks dangerous as all get out. I cringe even behind the bullet proof glass watching at times.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of my best friends is ex military and has been shooting and hunting all his life, but I won’t be around the guy if guns are involved. He’s a danger to himself and everyone around him. He’s invited me on dove hunts every year for at least 25 years, but there’s no way I’d go. He just had to pay his part of a legal settlement to a sandhill crane guide for someone in the party of 15 shooting and ultimately killing the guy’s dog, and though he swears it wasn’t him, I’d believe it if it was.
A person has to be really careful who he hunts and shoots with, because it could be hazardous to your health.

Latest posts

Top Bottom