Maybe Oklahoma isn't ok

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, with our Summer job taking us to various states, not to mention all the traveling that we do, we get to see a good bit of a number of other states. So far, I can't say I've seen any that would be better for living conditions than here in Oklahoma.

A number of them have better scenery, but the drawbacks of those states outweigh the scenery.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh I call B.S. on that study. Not saying Oklahoma is a paradise. But I have lived and my relatives had lived and brother still does live in New Mexico and that is one very ****** state, mainly Albuquerque though. New Mexico usually is on the top of everything bad list and the bottom of everything good list. And it is not even in the bottom ten of that list, yeah right.
I go to ABQ somewhat often for work. One time I landed and went to Buffalo Wild Wings before heading to my meeting.

I was washing my hands in the bathroom next to a guy wearing a City of Albuquerque uniform. For some reason he asked “you from around here?” I said “no”.

He then said, “let me give you some advice, trust nobody in this city”. I don’t remember but I think I said something like he should work for the Chamber of Commerce. Needless to say, I thought his random comments were pretty spot on for that horrible town.

I will take Oklahoma any day and twice on Sunday over New Mexico.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, with our Summer job taking us to various states, not to mention all the traveling that we do, we get to see a good bit of a number of other states. So far, I can't say I've seen any that would be better for living conditions than here in Oklahoma.

A number of them have better scenery, but the drawbacks of those states outweigh the scenery.
I have been to 47 states over the last two decades for work travel so I have some experiences most others do not.

All states have their positives, heck even California if I am being honest. Some have better scenic views, better parks, infrastructure etc than Oklahoma. I could live in probably ten or so that I have visited but if I had to choose, I would not leave Oklahoma. People are nicer, the dollar goes further and it is red politically.

The absolute last place I would ever live is both California and Phoenix. I just don’t understand how people can live in there, especially Phoenix.

Latest posts

Top Bottom