Oklahoma DOT Studies Charging Vehicles by mileage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I doubt they will raise the tax at all. They want the revenue from the trucks. I-35 and I-40 are major truck routes and many are able to drive right through without needing to buy fuel. Not all, but many.
All commercial trucks pay Fuel Tax for every mile that they drive in each State.
It does not matter if they purchase fuel in each state.
Federal Form 2290 and IFTA levels out fuel purchases in Each State by miles per gallon
ELD (Electronic Log Device) keeps track of miles driven in each state.

Last edited:

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I have an Okie titled vehicle and I drive to Florida for vacation. I pay mileage tax on miles not driven in the state, plus fuel tax in the other states. Seems fair to me....NOT.
It’s better to double tax you and get to much money than to not tax you enough.

Don’t get me started on paying sales tax on used stuff you pass thru a yard sale or buy in a pawn shop. That has already had sales tax paid prior.

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I go WEEKS without getting in the car. Grumpy just rotates what he drives to work so nothing gets stale ... Lol ... If they tax him so much it's not worth it for him to work he will just quit and stay home with me. That'll be fun ... 😇
Then you be the ones responsible for the “fun” tax they come up with. Thanks!!!!!

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All commercial trucks pay Fuel Tax for every mile that they drive in each State.
It does not matter if they purchase fuel in each state.
Federal Form 2290 levels out fuel purchases in Each State by miles per gallon
ELD (Electronic Log Device) keeps track of miles driven in each state.
I'm not buying that.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then you be the ones responsible for the “fun” tax they come up with. Thanks!!!!!

I have a neighbor. She has been a widow for the entire time I've known her. I have seen the old men in this neighborhood (at least 3 of them. Maybe 4 if you count the old man who was trying to step out on his wife -- at well over 70 years old 🤔) try to ask her out. Her response -- "I'm fine right here ALL BY MYSELF. Why would I take on another man to raise??"

Two of those old men told me in conversations that they understood now why women aren't interested in remarrying because they didn't realize just how much their wives did for them until they were gone.

Anyway, for years she went out once a month. Made all her appointments, did her shopping, etc. all in that one day. She kept a battery charger on her car. Lol

Since COVID she NEVER leaves the house. Delivery trucks are there once a week with whatever she wants/needs. I am aspiring to be just like her. If I NEVER left this house ever again I would be perfectly fine with that. 🤗

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

CHenry

Sharpshooter