Beautiful Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On a positive note no town in Oklahoma made the Rudest City list.

IMG_2238.jpeg

https://professpost.com/the-u-s-cities-with-the-rudest-residents-in-2024/

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I was born and raised in Bartlesville, moved away in 1992. So every trip to Tulsa for 18y was made through the north side.....and every trip back home was through the north side so that will always be my impression.

As far as comparing Tulsa to OKC, I compare all cities by their summer time humidity lol. OKC will always get my vote lol.

Hooper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was born and raised in Bartlesville, moved away in 1992. So every trip to Tulsa for 18y was made through the north side.....and every trip back home was through the north side so that will always be my impression.

As far as comparing Tulsa to OKC, I compare all cities by their summer time humidity lol. OKC will always get my vote lol.
I never could figure, outdoor dining spots in Oklahoma City or Tulsa restaurants, except for maybe Dallas or Vegas we have some of the Hottest Asphalt and Concrete there is, in the Summers, plus wind.
Neat idea, but we seldom have the weather for a nice comfortable outdoor restaurant dining experience.
Now down on the Creek bank in the shade or at a lake, where you have water dipping access, we have some great spots. Up there in Bartlesville area a lot of good spots for outdoor cooling.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you ever been far away from man made noise and light, to hear an almost complete silence?
I was in Yampa, Co. area back up on an old abandoned mining road, fairly high altitude one evening, after Sundown, no moon, no manmade light visible that I could tell, just stars, no wind. All I could hear was ringing in my ears. I was kind of disappointed that my ears could not hear the silence. I did not realize until that moment that there was so much noise and clutter in life, even in the small town I live in. We are exposed to manmade noise and manmade light almost our whole life. You can not hardly escape it.
I still prefer the ringing in my ears, over city noise though.
Welcome to our home. If the wind is from the west which it almost never is, we hear a little road noise from Harly's on the road 3/10 mile away and 129' downhill. Huge buffer of trees between there and home.
It's a pleasure to go outside and hear nothing but birds, wind through the trees and sounds one would never hear in the asphalt jungle with the ambient noise.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tulsa in the 60's was called "Americas most beautiful city" .
Then we changed to a city council style of government and it went downhill from there.
Fast forward to today, Tulsa's population is now about 57% Hispanic, 30% Black and the rest a mix of others.
The white crowd that used to dominate moved to surrounding cities to escape.
Karen Keith will probably find this out in the upcoming election.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It you try hard enough, you can find things to complain about with every city/town in the country. There is more enjoyment in spending a little time and finding the great things about where you are.
That's a really good thought. Thanks for the uplifting words!

Tulsa used to be beautiful, and it used to be you could walk day or night safely about anywhere south of Admiral. Tulsa Public schools were top notch as well.

I sure wish I could figure out what changed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom