Oklahoma DOT Studies Charging Vehicles by mileage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe they'll put one of those insurance trackers on your car that communicates with the state, or an app on your phone to get your mileage.
That would be great.
I would need a computer in my car (not happening) for a tracker unit unless it is a stand alone unit.
I do not own a cell/portable phone.
They would be out of luck there :)

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And no one has mentioned the upswing in costs of everyday needs such as groceries because of the additional tax on fuel for trucks delivering to the stores.

I can't remember which state it was, but it was west coast, where they first encouraged people to switch to smaller, fuel efficient cars and then suggested pay by the mile because they weren't getting the fuel tax revenues that they were used to getting.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Honestly, I don’t care if they pass it or not, too be honest. If they pull something like that I’ll just cancel my 4 registrations and one custom tag, and register my vehicles in South Dakota. They’ll be happy to take my tax dollars and send me license plates.

Old Noob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would need a computer in my car (not happening) for a tracker unit unless it is a stand alone unit.
I do not own a cell/portable phone.
They would be out of luck there :)
Even if you do own a cell/smart phone, just stick it in a faraday bag. I often use a faraday bag when not using my phone. I don't like anybody tracking me 24/7.

Last edited:

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So people don't think the powers that be would not just say "Not a modern vehicle to track mileage - no problem. Flat $2000 per year. Or, you could go to one of our "approved" installers for a tracker system."

Approved installers would be friends of politicians, of course.
Yep, they'll just make it impractically inconvenient or expensive to not toe the line.

Latest posts

Top Bottom