Rat Problems (IDEAS)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geezer77

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wife and I laughed for a while at the dummies who bought those little plug-in ultrasound generator things on Amazon, but finally tried them as a last resort in the garage when we got tired of catching mice several times a week in the sticky traps. We haven't seen a mouse since the day we installed those. Had a lot of mice in the shop building, evidenced by every day had fresh mice turds on my shop computer desktop & workbenches, etc. Bought and plugged in another set of four of those little ultrasound generators (about $25 for a four pack), and voila.. no more mice in the shop either after that. That was over 2 years ago and we still haven't seen a mouse in either the shop or garage. Finally, after trapping several big blue-gray pack rats under the cabinets in our enclosed gazebo, I tried a couple of them out there. Same result. We haven't had outdoor cats around in almost three years (coyotes nailed our last pair), so it's not barn cats doing the deed. You can tell me it's just three extreme coincidences in a row, but I'm not taking those things out.

Last edited:

Lucky

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went out this morning opened hood on tractor an rat had made a nest on top of my moth balls. Cleaned it out went used tractor a while. Put everything back doubled up on poison put one of those new rat traps in there. Put more bait in live trap for coons. See what tomorrow brings. Also stuck out one of the big wooden snap traps with peanut butter on it.

Glenee

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ever tried ghost pepper hot sauce around those wires. Once they get a little lick of the stuff they won't go anywhere near the smell again.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like my daughter could lease out her cat. That little **** is one helluva hunter. He brings home a mouse or bird once a week at a minimum and sometimes more than one a day. About two months ago he brought a bird in alive through the pet door in her garage when she stepped out for a few minutes. Carnage ensued. There was blood and feathers all over her dining and living rooms. She said it looked like a crime scene.

KroyWen

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had problems with pack rats in tractors & inactive cars etc. I used everything as a repellent. Nothing worked. THEN I discovered ICEY HOT. COMES IN TUBS, ROLL ON, & SPRAY. IT WORKS GREAT !!!!
Apply liberaly. The spray works great on wires and hard to reach areas. Repels’em

Lucky

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We will see if it works?
If not I drilled two hole in a good bucket!

Attachments

• E8B67264-9789-4795-A7C3-1AAEB351479C.jpeg
    E8B67264-9789-4795-A7C3-1AAEB351479C.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom