Rat Problems (IDEAS)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We will see if it works?
If not I drilled two hole in a good bucket!
Let's see what your finished setup looks like. Will there will be a ramp then maybe something bigger on the wood dowel in the middle? Had a mouse get under our boat cover and eat some of my new SeaDek flooring. Caught it but the damage was done so smashed mouse with a cement block and left for the other mice to see. Anxious to see what works as I'm getting ready to winterize/store my boat.
Seadek damage.jpg

Lucky

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let's see what your finished setup looks like. Will there will be a ramp then maybe something bigger on the wood dowel in the middle? Had a mouse get under our boat cover and eat some of my new SeaDek flooring. Caught it but the damage was done so smashed mouse with a cement block and left for the other mice to see. Anxious to see what works as I'm getting ready to winterize/store my boat. View attachment 420697
I will put peanut butter in middle of Dow rod an place next to step on my tractor.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We will see if it works?
If not I drilled two hole in a good bucket!
You need a can to spin on the dowel with the peanut butter smeared on the can, then a plank spaced away far enough that they have to reach for the can with them thinking it is a solid object.

When they reach for it, it spins, they lose their footing, and into the watery grave they go!

They will just reach out and grab your dowel, with (at least) 3 point contact and eat all your peanut butter, then go up and make a nap time bed with your wire insulation while drifting off to lala land with a full belly of yummy (free) peanut butter

Lucky

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You need a can to spin on the dowel with the peanut butter smeared on the can, then a plank spaced away far enough that they have to reach for the can with them thinking it is a solid object.

When they reach for it, it spins, they lose their footing, and into the watery grave they go!

They will just reach out and grab your dowel, with (at least) 3 point contact and eat all your peanut butter, then go up and make a nap time bed with your wire insulation while drifting off to lala land with a full belly of yummy (free) peanut butter
Damn it thank you

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let's see what your finished setup looks like. Will there will be a ramp then maybe something bigger on the wood dowel in the middle? Had a mouse get under our boat cover and eat some of my new SeaDek flooring. Caught it but the damage was done so smashed mouse with a cement block and left for the other mice to see. Anxious to see what works as I'm getting ready to winterize/store my boat. View attachment 420697

Ouch! (But I understand the angst! Lol)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rats will gather up One Bite bars and store them to eat later. The only thing I've consistently caught rats in are rat traps baited with peanut butter.
Those bars have a hole in the center. Run some baling wire through the hole, tie it off and put several on the wire if in a barn that isn't visited very often.
They say one bite, but it takes more than that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom