Real reason Wal-Mart closed stores

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't see how a unionizing attempt would be a threat in an at-will/right to work state...the company can't be forced into an agreement and there are plenty of people who will gladly work outside of a union.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe my theory should then include Walmart shutting down stores with a high level of activism over wages.

They closed 5 stores in 4 different states- OK, TX, FL, CA.

Employees of the Pico Rivera store were among the first to hold Black Friday protests in 2012. "This is the first store that went on strike," an employee told CBS Los Angeles. "This is the first store in demanding changes for Walmart".

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Employees of the Pico Rivera store were among the first to hold Black Friday protests in 2012. "This is the first store that went on strike," an employee told CBS Los Angeles. "This is the first store in demanding changes for Walmart".

Funny thing, them protesting unsafe working conditions and low wages. I have an idea ... go f'n work someplace else.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny thing, them protesting unsafe working conditions and low wages. I have an idea ... go f'n work someplace else.

No kidding. Freakin' employees ought to be glad they have a job. All that workplace safety and decent wages were things of the old America. Don't these ingrates know they're competing with Third-World countries now?

Latest posts

Top Bottom