Recommendation For .22LR Handgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mavs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
You might check out the Taurus TX 22LR, I was going to get a Glock G44 and after checking on Utube and talking a gun dealer I changed my mind, never owned Taurus before and this was a real eye opener! This is a great practice gun and plinker, and won't break the bank.

Larry M
What did you learn on utube and the gun dealer that made you change your mind about the Glock 44? I have one with well over 10,000 rounds through it with no problems and love to shoot it.

And, you can dry fire it,

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What did you learn on utube and the gun dealer that made you change your mind about the Glock 44? I have one with well over 10,000 rounds through it with no problems and love to shoot it.

Not the person you asked, but Paul Harrell had issues with his Glock 44. If I remember, MAC had issues too. And 22Plinkerster wasn't impressed.

mavs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Not the person you asked, but Paul Harrell had issues with his Glock 44. If I remember, MAC had issues too. And 22Plinkerster wasn't impressed.
Yes I remember some negative things very early on but those problems were addressed and changes made. Mine is after the serial number cutoff for those mods.

I saw 22Plinkster's video but other than he could not seem to adjust the sights to his liking, his primary complaint was that the Glock44 mags were 10 rounds and the Taurus held 16 rounds. Not really a big deal to me, and I don't seem to have the sighting problems he had.

I can't remember exactly what Harrell had as issues.

But again, I have over 10K rounds though mine with all kinds of cheap ammo and the a problem I had was with Remington Thuderbolts. I had no operational problems with that ammo, but had a real bad case of leading with it.

But I have had intermittent problems with some boxes of Federal Automatch. I sometimes have as many as 2 or 3 fail to feed in a magazine with that ammo, but I have read lots of other comments from people that have the same kind of problems with that stuff. But, at 6 cents a round, I'm willing to rack the slide at the practice range.

So, I still wonder what his inputs were to not buy a Glock 44.

Thanks for your comments.

Last edited:

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes I remember some negative things very early on but those problems were addressed and changes made. Mine is after the serial number cutoff for those mods.

I saw 22Plinkster's video but other than he could not seem to adjust the sights to his liking, his primary complaint was that the Glock44 mags were 10 rounds and the Taurus held 16 rounds. Not really a big deal to me, and I don't seem to have the sighting problems he had.

I can't remember exactly what Harrell had as issues.

But again, I have over 10K rounds though mine with all kinds of cheap ammo and the a problem I had was with Remington Thuderbolts. I had no operational problems with that ammo, but had a real bad case of leading with it.

But I have had intermittent problems with some boxes of Federal Automatch. I sometimes have as many as 2 or 3 fail to feed in a magazine with that ammo, but I have read lots of other comments from people that have the same kind of problems with that stuff. But, at 6 cents a round, I'm willing to rack the slide at the practice range.

So, I still wonder what his inputs were to not buy a Glock 44.

Thanks for your comments.
Harrell had numerous malfunctions and his sights wouldn't adjust to POI either. Others had the same issues too.

Like so many guns, it was released half-baked. Glock did the first buyers wrong with the 44 by not doing enough development, and as a result they paid the price of catching a bad reputation on the internet.

They may be fine now, but that reputation was earned and it won't go away soon.

mavs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Harrell had numerous malfunctions and his sights wouldn't adjust to POI either. Others had the same issues too.

Like so many guns, it was released half-baked. Glock did the first buyers wrong with the 44 by not doing enough development, and as a result they paid the price of catching a bad reputation on the internet.

They may be fine now, but that reputation was earned and it won't go away soon.
But I have not seen anything new lately that is a bad review on it.

I can't believe they released it with sights that would not adjust, I mean how much does it take to discover that?

And when I re-watched Harrel, he seemed to have one failure with cheap, crap ammo out of every two rounds.....no big deal with a 22 for target practice is it? Anyway, I don't have that on an ongoing basis.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Well over 10k in 2 years out of 10 round mags, you must have 40-50 mags too.
Btw,the TX-22 can be dry fired as well.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SW M&P Compact 22
Ruger SR 22
Bersa Thunder 22
Browning Buckmark 22

Have owned and/ or shot in the past and are fun reliable plinkers
Yes they are as well as a few others, down side their all 10 rounders and while loading mags can be therapeutic it's not always.

Latest posts

Top Bottom