Recommendation For .22LR Handgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I could not, the concept of making a gun that difficult to clean and reassemble pissed me off to much that I have not purchased a Ruger product in a decade. well excpet the RPR in 6.5 C but, it really pissed me off that anyone could be dumb enough to market that design that is just sold it…… the mark 4 well i will pick one up one day just Ike the one i had without all the gaudy junk that came on it when i bought

@dennishoddy…. EDIT: Maybe I will wait for a double stank mark V

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I could not, the concept of making a gun that difficult to clean and reassemble pissed me off to much that I have not purchased a Ruger product in a decade. well excpet the RPR in 6.5 C but, it really pissed me off that anyone could be dumb enough to market that design that is just sold it…… the mark 4 well i will pick one up one day just Ike the one i had without all the gaudy junk that came on it when i bought it
once one learns the "trick" the III's aren't so bad but I still like the EZ strip on the Mark III hunter. Allows the gun to be broken into an upper and lower, but I get your point. I've worked with several over the phone or here at the house to get theirs back together.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
once one learns the "trick" the III's aren't so bad but I still like the EZ strip on the Mark III hunter. Allows the gun to be broken into an upper and lower, but I get your point. I've worked with several over the phone or here at the house to get theirs back together.
I always got it back together, and git pretty good at it until I put in the safe for an extended period….then one say I woke up and said why am bothering with such a poor design? sold to a chef at Monkey Island, hell he even gave me a gift cared for the place but I never went. Nice guy……

And the worst part is they knew how bad the design was, thats why the Mark IV eliminated the issue! They knew it sucked and kept pumping them out.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you like the 1911 platform I purchased this Browning for my wife to practice with without beating her up. It’s a blast to shoot.
4F4F5791-2D32-4506-A94E-1C6368DE87F1.jpeg

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I could not, the concept of making a gun that difficult to clean and reassemble pissed me off to much that I have not purchased a Ruger product in a decade. well excpet the RPR in 6.5 C but, it really pissed me off that anyone could be dumb enough to market that design that is just sold it…… the mark 4 well i will pick one up one day just Ike the one i had without all the gaudy junk that came on it when i bought it
Well , now that’s just plain silly….

LarryM

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might check out the Taurus TX 22LR, I was going to get a Glock G44 and after checking on Utube and talking a gun dealer I changed my mind, never owned Taurus before and this was a real eye opener! This is a great practice gun and plinker, and won't break the bank.

Larry M

NomDeBoom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The ideal thing to do is get one of each, then sell half of the ones that you end up selling, then wish you never sold half of those, then try to buy all your favorite ones back, while a bunch of new ones hit the market, and don't forget the old classics because they are called 'classic' for a reason, & then....what were we talking about???
Oh, & don't dry fire them.
And get several types of ammo....
some are semi-persnickety.

Latest posts

Top Bottom