Remington 341 - an Oldie!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Will do. I tell ya, they sure don't make stuff like they used to. The machine marks in this old thing speak of lots of work making this gun.

Sent from my iPhone

rakkal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ha you aren't kidding. The amount of things I have that are over 75 years old I'd be willing to take to a range in a heart beat? I'd have to start counting on my toes! One range day, I brought one thing that was younger than 50, and it was the only one that had a malfunction.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ha you aren't kidding. The amount of things I have that are over 75 years old I'd be willing to take to a range in a heart beat? I'd have to start counting on my toes! One range day, I brought one thing that was younger than 50, and it was the only one that had a malfunction.

A lot of times, us old things work better than much younger things...

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the patina look.. I would not change it ..I would speak to it softly and rub it with oil and shoot it.

LOL! I would love to shoot it; but that's my first challenge...however, it now looks to me like the safety on the rear of the bolt assembly has been installed incorrectly. It is set up to flip to the right, it should go to the left. The mystery will hopefully continue to unravel...

rakkal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, break it down using t hat owners manual I sent you and rebuild it! I didn't notice that part. And I agree with keeping it original and patina!

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Uh...that's not exactly a detailed breakdown in those old pages. I'm going to read a little more before I go tear into something unknown.

Sent from my iPhone

Latest posts

Top Bottom