Remington 341 - an Oldie!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OSA at it's finest. I really like our forum when this kind of stuff is going on..

Yep, and it all started with you. Thanks again by the way. And now, here we got a new guy to OSA, rakkal, jumping in to offer his help. That stuff in post#20 he found is exactly what I needed in case the 'smith has any problems with the bolt. Paying it forward maybe? I'd be bold and attempt to work on the bolt myself, but not sure I have the right combination of all the punches/tools/patience/skill/smarts to tackle something on a gun this old when I can't just jump in my car and run down to pick up a part I whacked too hard. Us old Marines sometimes have a tendency to just "use a bigger hammer" and that may not be what is needed here.

rakkal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't look super hard at it, but I have built an ar15 lower and totally disassembled an iver johnson .32 and rebuilt it. I can take a real close look and see if I can try my hand if you're interested, Yukon isn't too far away. I am going on a TDY this Sunday and will be our of town for three weeks...

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't look super hard at it, but I have built an ar15 lower and totally disassembled an iver johnson .32 and rebuilt it. I can take a real close look and see if I can try my hand if you're interested, Yukon isn't too far away. I am going on a TDY this Sunday and will be our of town for three weeks...

Thanks, but I already sent word to the Gunsmith that I was gonna bring it in to him. His son is an OSA Forum member too, and I have shot with him a time or two. So I kinda feel like that's what I need to do, since I already said that I was you know.... Keep up with the project, and when you get back from the TDY thing, holler at me and we'll cross our fingers we can take this old thing to the range and shoot it!

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, the Remington 341 is in the hands of a Gunsmith. We shall now wait and see what he says about fixing the bolt and maybe getting this old bolt-action .22 back in action.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good luck! Wonder if a new bolt will do the trick if it's too far gone.

Doubtful one can be found, and from I have learned, these rifles and their accompanying bolts are one-of-a-kind matches. in other words, you can't interchange bolts; at least not without somehow having the right headspace. Whatever, it is beyond me....

Latest posts

Top Bottom