Removing Finger Grooves on a Glock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I need to do this too. It didn't use bother me too much before, until I got to reading where a lot of folks found it caused them significant pain and grief, now it's almost unbearable to shoot my G19. So I'll tell ya what: Bring your Glock on over and we'll undercut your trigger guard, get rid of the dang finger grooves (dremel, files, sandpaper large blunt knives, axe, saw, etc. ) and then if it looks good, and we don't fubar it up too much, we'll do mine.
Ha. I thought about doing that. Watched all the vids and almost did it. My luck I'd screw it up and you can't fix screwed.
My natural grip hits the corner of the trigger guard and not comfortable at all. Rounding out and undercutting this spot would make this gun about a thousand times better to shoot and would correct some of the grip angle issues.
You do yous, we go shoot, then I'll think about mine......:rubhands:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ha. I thought about doing that. Watched all the vids and almost did it. My luck I'd screw it up and you can't fix screwed.
My natural grip hits the corner of the trigger guard and not comfortable at all. Rounding out and undercutting this spot would make this gun about a thousand times better to shoot and would correct some of the grip angle issues.
You do yous, we go shoot, then I'll think about mine......:rubhands:

I'm no chicken, Imma do it! Pics to follow...

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've done A few of them. Even s mild undercut on the trigger guard goes a long way. I don't know why Glock would make that area so small and uncomfortable. It's one of the biggest complaints about them. I always use a Drexel to remove the grooves and emory cloth to smooth out the front strap. It's hard to sand the plastic and make it look good next to the unsanded parts. The finishes of the two are never the same. Stippling makes that a non issue. Plan it out and go slow, it takes time. Don't get impatient and rush it.

Attachments

• IMG_1009.JPG
    IMG_1009.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_1010.JPG
    IMG_1010.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 222

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another question to consider: if one removes the finger grooves and smooths out the front strap on a Gen 4 G 19, and if then choosing to install a talon grip instead of stippling, should you go with the talon grip to fit a Gen 2 or a Gen 5? I mean, you now have a smooth Gen 4; which equates to the same as a Gen 2 or is it a Gen 5? Is there any difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another question to consider: if one removes the finger grooves and smooths out the front strap on a Gen 4 G 19, and if then choosing to install a talon grip instead of stippling, should you go with the talon grip to fit a Gen 2 or a Gen 5? I mean, you now have a smooth Gen 4; which equates to the same as a Gen 2 or is it a Gen 5? Is there any difference?

Bicycle inner tube does great. (not joking)

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

It should be the same piece of sandpaper cutout. If not, you could just trim with scissors.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks. Not too awfully familiar with the talon grip things...I am going to go look at a couple of guns one of the members had done by a pro then make a decision which way I want to go...using steelfinger's gun as a test case of course.

Latest posts

Top Bottom