Renewal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does the OSBI send you a renewal notice when you are getting close to expiration or do you just have to remember when your time is coming up and do it yourself?

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No notice.

Wrong(unless they've changed it in the last year),they do and you need to get your pics ahead of time and complete the form quickly and return it post haste.I heard they are running behind,supposedly due to furloughs,lay offs,etc.,several weeks. Steve

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wrong(unless they've changed it in the last year),they do and you need to get your pics ahead of time and complete the form quickly and return it post haste.I heard they are running behind,supposedly due to furloughs,lay offs,etc.,several weeks. Steve

Thanks for the info. My CCL expires in September and I have the pics ready now. Just wanted to know if they are going to send me a renewal application or should I just download it, fill it out, and send it in now.

10mmPhil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. My CCL expires in September and I have the pics ready now. Just wanted to know if they are going to send me a renewal application or should I just download it, fill it out, and send it in now.

I just completed my renewal recently.
About 3months and 3weeks before expire date, They send out a notice that you will be expiring soon, and that you should pickup or download a packet to fill out.
I got my renewal license back well before expire date, about 60days.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got my renewal done. It was 65 calendar days from dropping it off at OSBI in OKC until it arrived by certified mail last Friday, 5/29. Having it in their hands on the 90th day before your expiration should ensure no licensing gap.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I still haven't gotten a renewal notice, so I just downloaded the application and got it filled out. Do I just mail it to the OSBI SDA Unit at 6600 North Harvey Place in OKC?

EDITED TO ADD: Nevermind, just looked on the SDA website and the Harvey address is correct.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Question then for those of you that renewed recently, is it true that there is an extended 10yr CCW now? I'm due for renewel next summer.

Yep! It is double the 5 year fee. I wanna say 85.00 for 5 years, 170.00 for 10 yaers. I have mine but can't remember what I paid. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Latest posts

Top Bottom