SDA permit renewal time?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie_dave

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did mine and the wife's a year ago. Neither was expired. Took 3 weeks.

Edit - Seemed like 3 weeks. Looking at email when application was sent and the issue date on my license, it was more like 8 weeks.

Last edited:

Subsonic

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Generally 2 months turn around

I believe you have 5 months to submit a renewal after expiration before having to do the complete process over
“SDA licenses can be renewed 90 days prior to expiration. You can re-apply as a renewal if your license expired no more than 3 years ago. If it has been over 3 years, you will be an “expired renewal.” As an expired renewal, you must process through the sheriff’s office in your county of residence, resubmit fingerprint cards and pay the fee as would a new applicant.”

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If i remember correctly that your payment wont clear the bank til they start the process so that will tell you that they have atleast started it. That is if you paid with a card or check. Its been a couple of years since i renewed mine and wifes but didnt seem to take that long, but then also now days i have no concept of time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom