Reverse Mortgages

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, so my MIL is thinking about a reverse morgage. i'm totally against it but can't get some really hard facts to convince her not to sell her equity off. Any suggestions?

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They have some fairly high expenses and fees.
origination fee, appraisal fee, title fee, escrow fee, recording fee, and a monthly servicing fee

If the house needs repairs she won't be able to fund those repairs with a home equity line of credit.

If she becomes incapacitated, moves to an assisted living center, she loses the house after a specified period of time.

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reverse mortgages are just snakes Preying upon the mice in the field, do not I repeat do not allow her to lost any "equity" she may have in land or rental units or anything of value ever.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reverse mortgages are the spawn of the devil and an abomination in the sight of the Almighty. But I'm not passionate about it. Try to help her make a better decision. CB

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its just a subtle way for a big investor to screw someone out of something for nothing. If these companies are actually productive why don't they buy all the bad debts and defaults? Huh?

Latest posts

Top Bottom