Rib-eye of the Sky........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here are some from many years ago that me and a couple buddies got down on the Red River in SW OK. I did not get to eat any of these and that was my only hunt for them but I hear they are pretty good too.
i35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_Scan_Pic0026.jpg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i can agree with the good eatin of the cranes. just got lucky on a few over the years. right place at the right time. heres a 1992 vintage pic
i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae253_dlbleak_P3120192.jpg

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had some come to a wet spot in a wheat field a couple of years ago. I kept hearing all of these weird noises all morning. Finally got out of the stand and spotted them. First time to ever see them. I didn't know what they were at first, and had heard on tv the day before that whooping cranes were migrating through the state. I got my bird Id book out at home to find out what they were. Big birds. I think they hunt them at Salt Plains?

I had thousands fly over during rifle. They come of Salt Plains in flights of a hundred or so and the sound is weird at first!

Latest posts

Top Bottom