Rib-eye of the Sky........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Got any yet?

We had about 30 birds swing just a little wide of us and land in the wheat instead of the milo. They've been feeding in the milo for the last week, oh well, it was a nice morning out anyway. Guess a lot of the birds have moved on, we've been seeing several hundred, just haven't had a chance to hunt them.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okie4570 said:
We had about 30 birds swing just a little wide of us and land in the wheat instead of the milo. They've been feeding in the milo for the last week, oh well, it was a nice morning out anyway. Guess a lot of the birds have moved on, we've been seeing several hundred, just haven't had a chance to hunt them.

I guess that's hunting. When does crane season end?

ttt

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cranes are the best eating wild game for me, hands down. Breasts on the grill of smoker, cooked to medium, is as good as a good steak. Just do not make a mistake of preparing canada geese & cranes for the same meal. You will have plenty of geese leftovers.

I just got back from Lubbock with some friends. We hunted two days & shot 23 cranes. If not for the dust storm, we would have shot more. They are incredibly plentiful out there & are not shy to decoy, unlike what we see in Oklahoma.

Latest posts

Top Bottom